A change of AV

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Apart from one year I have used Avast since 2004. It occasionally finds a nasty for me and as far as I can tell it keeps my pc safe.

:)

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
As others here, have said, SuperAntiSpyware and Defender, are not Antivirus programmes, so it really would be best to get another AV to protect your PC.

Why not try one of the free AVs this time? I previously was using a paid-for AV, but am finding Microsoft's "Security Essentials" to be very good, or you might prefer Antivir or Avast 5 (as recommended above.)
:)

Thanks for your advice Taffycat. I`ve just down loaded "Security Essentials" And as far as I can see it`s not slowed down anything.
Again thanks.
historian

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
historian said:
Thanks for your advice Taffycat. I`ve just down loaded "Security Essentials" And as far as I can see it`s not slowed down anything.
Again thanks.
historian

You're welcome Historian :) Actually, I too, find that Security Essentials doesn't slow things down in the way that KIS sometimes did. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
MSE is very light, and you wont even notice it. :)

Ask a Question