KAV 6 / KIS 6 OEM clarification to upgrade to ver 7

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have conflicting reports that some users of KAV/KIS have not been able to upgrade to ver 7 ... i was led to believe that one could upgrade from ver 6 to ver 7 for free no matter whether you had a shop bought CD or OEM CD

I have had some clarification as to where OEM purchasers stand ...

I have emailed Igor Kurzin at KL HQ in Moscow.

He has sent me a reply stating that KIS/KAV6 OEM keys are not supposed to be able to be used on KIS/KAV 7.

They are not entitled to replacement key file. OEM products are not allowed to upgrade to 7.0

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding between the forum users.

UK support were relaying the correct information to you.
... even if some of us have been able to use OEM codes on our computers, in which case we have been apparently lucky.

I apologise most profoundly if I misled anyone into buy KAV/KIS OEM on the understanding that you could upgrade to version 7 for free.

You still can upgrade, but it will cost some more money, there is, I believe, a 30% discount if you do so.

I would like to stress, however, that I firmly believe Kaspersky Internet Security to be one of the best all-in-one security packages one can buy today ... I won't be moving anytime soon on that stance.

Once again, please accept my humble apologies if I misled anybody ... it was NOT my intention.

bowdown.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Seems to me that KIS6 is jolly good value programme, it really does the job that is asked of it, and in my own humble opinion, that is the main thing. It works like a dream with Vista - and provides total security. :nod:

I'm certainly glad I ordered mine,:thumb: and bearing in mind that most other security suites have to be upgraded with another purchased version annually, then it's really not the end of the world. :)

I wouldn't feel badly at all Mucks - most of us will be influenced by good advice, but ultimately, the choices we make are all our own - don't you think? Besides which - compared to having a really bad worm/virus infection which has the capability to thoroughly diskomnokkerate one's rig, it's hardly something that is going to bother this particular purchaser :thumb: :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thank you dear Lady, your comments are greatly appreciated.

:thumb:

Ask a Question