KIS/WCG security alert

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Can I run this past you for an opinion please?

There was a security alert from KIS, which related to WCG - this is the first time it has ever happened. I am thinking that KIS was just "doing its job" by reporting something that it thought might be malicious, but is probably okay(?) Would you guys agree? (Hoping so, because I've "allowed" it. When I opened BOINC, I could see that it was being prevented from communicating with WCG, that's why.
:blush: )

Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Edit: Darn! Forgot the screen snips!! Lol

Attachments

• WCG KIS alert 1.JPG
    WCG KIS alert 1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 289
  • WCG KIS alert.JPG
    WCG KIS alert.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 265

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I also use KIS and I have to say I've had no problems at all with BOINC
Btw, TC, did you mean to include a picture too cos if you did it doesn't show up.

KIS does bring up some strange things as "dangerous". I've recently had IrfanView, iTunes, Google Chrome and Picasa as alerts even though they have been on my PC for yonks.

I would imagine that there is no real problem. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Btw, TC, did you mean to include a picture too cos if you did it doesn't show up.

KIS does bring up some strange things as "dangerous". I've recently had IrfanView, iTunes, Google Chrome and Picasa as alerts even though they have been on my PC for yonks.

I would imagine that there is no real problem. :)

Hi Niv, thanks for the reply, and yes, I did momentarily forget to add my pic, lol. Think we must have been posting at the same time :D

To be fair, this is the first time BOINC has ever generated a "warning" so not really thinking it's a nasty.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
whoa, the sky is falling, run for your lives ...

aye, KIS is being overly cautious ... please continue. ;)

:user:

Ask a Question