A car!

Reaction score
Hmmmm new car

Ian, find yourself a large industrial estate to drive around and get to used to the car, the controls and how it drives:thumb:
And no waiting for when Bex's is back is not silly, often when you have a new car it's good to have someone else with you. ;)

When do we get to see the photos of it?
Has Bex's given the car a name yet.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Ian it is scary!

Took me 6weeks to get back into a car after I crashed on the motorway reall is scary!

However i'm ok now, but do look in mirrors constantly before I exit sliproads. Dont want anything else to hit me :(

Reaction score
Unless a road train took him out 5 yards off the slip road!! Mwahahahaha.

Hang on, if that DID happen, will PCREVIEW still answer all my questions?! :-/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Had a drive for an hour or so, and I love the car :D No photos yet, but I'm back from Newcastle on Monday night so if I don't take any tomorrow morning I'll have some then :)

Some idiot has parked in our car parking space, so we've had to park it on the street - not very happy about it! :mad:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Some idiot has parked in our car parking space, so we've had to park it on the street - not very happy about it! :mad:

That's probably because nobody has parked there for so long, this person thinks it's free. Park there, leave it there, first oppurtunity. Perhaps leave a note under their windscreen wiper. If that fails, wait in ambush and deck 'em :D

j/k ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Congrats on the new motor you two.......we need piccies now...:D

The Garmin i3 is a very good piece of kit in fact better than the Tomtoms...Iv'e owned to many sat/navs to mention so i have the authority on this...;)

You can head over to pocketgpsworld and download the speedcamera database, it'll cost you £2 but its money well spent, and gives you an audible warning when approaching speedcams and accident blackspots with Gatso's, also warns you when entering the new S.p.e.c.s. camera zones which measure your speed over a certain distance...These are popping up on motorways now and catching many drivers out as they see the camera and slow down then after passing it speed up again, unaware their speed is being logged over a distance....

You'll need the .CSV speedcam file file for the Garmin i3....If you get stuck you can always pm me...I'd be happy to help....

Happy driving and as they say, Be careful out there....:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
That's probably because nobody has parked there for so long, this person thinks it's free. Park there, leave it there, first oppurtunity. Perhaps leave a note under their windscreen wiper. If that fails, wait in ambush and deck 'em :D

Yeah, that what we did as guessed that's what had happened... woke up to a nasty surprise though :mad: Got a parking fine for parking on the street outside after 9AM (it was only minutes after when we got it!!!!!). Very annoyed as there was nowhere else to park as someone had our spot, plus it was a road I'm surprised inspectors even visit :mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
You can head over to pocketgpsworld and download the speedcamera database, it'll cost you £2 but its money well spent, and gives you an audible warning when approaching speedcams and accident blackspots with Gatso's, also warns you when entering the new S.p.e.c.s. camera zones which measure your speed over a certain distance...These are popping up on motorways now and catching many drivers out as they see the camera and slow down then after passing it speed up again, unaware their speed is being logged over a distance....

Cheers mate! I'll have a look at it now, can't complain for £2 :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Yeah, that what we did as guessed that's what had happened... woke up to a nasty surprise though :mad: Got a parking fine for parking on the street outside after 9AM (it was only minutes after when we got it!!!!!). Very annoyed as there was nowhere else to park as someone had our spot, plus it was a road I'm surprised inspectors even visit :mad:
oops, a criminal already ... youngsters today and their cars ... tut tut.

I had a ticket once ... in a crescent, off a side road, of another minor road off the main road ... for parking the wrong way around in the crescent ... the next day I took my Coach to the police station to 'see' who the idiot was, the police station is on a roundabout ... so I stopped on the roundabout and put on the hazard warning lights and went into the police station ... took the sargent 10mins to work out what all the commotion was outside. I got the ticket squashed and was promptly arrested for obstruction ... was released in 2mins flat 'cos I did not have the keys to the coach on me and refused to answer any questions until I had a lawyer. When released I casually picked up the keys I left on the top of the front tire of the coach and went on my way. Some car horns are very noisy inthey. :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
oops, a criminal already ... youngsters today and their cars ... tut tut.

I had a ticket once ... in a crescent, off a side road, of another minor road off the main road ... for parking the wrong way around in the crescent ... the next day I took my Coach to the police station to 'see' who the idiot was, the police station is on a roundabout ... so I stopped on the roundabout and put on the hazard warning lights and went into the police station ... took the sargent 10mins to work out what all the commotion was outside. I got the ticket squashed and was promptly arrested for obstruction ... was released in 2mins flat 'cos I did not have the keys to the coach on me and refused to answer any questions until I had a lawyer. When released I casually picked up the keys I left on the top of the front tire of the coach and went on my way. Some car horns are very noisy inthey. :D

You... Cant... Be... Serious...

muckshifter

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
You... Cant... Be... Serious...
Yep, I got the ticket squashed ... oh, you mean the coach, naw, I parked in their car park. :D

;)

Reaction score
well these parking attendents are SCUM of the earth
nothing more to be said

it is just a money making scheme by each of the local councils really ****es me off sometimes!

muckshifter

Reaction score
psd99 said:
well these parking attendents are SCUM of the earth
nothing more to be said

it is just a money making scheme by each of the local councils really ****es me off sometimes!
You know what ... I have a cousin who is a traffic warden, and she could easily write a book on the stupidity of "drivers" ... and you know something else, I bet you would see yourself as the person in the book on every page. She has some crackers that'll have you splitting your sides in laughter. And the sad part is, they are true.
nod.gif

Put your brain in gear before making ridiculous comments ... the hight of stupidity is riding down a 40 foot razor blade using your balls as brakes ... anyone would know you would not get half way before being split in two. :rolleyes:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm not a driver or the like, but personally I have no real opinions on parking attendants, you'll get pr*cks in any profession, but for the most part, they're just doing their job like anyone else.

But, after years of denying that it was so, one of our local councilors accidentally let slip that our parking attendants are given quotas to fill, if they want to keep their jobs that is. Talk about the rock & the hard place.
Seems to me that it's gotta be one sh*t of a job to do, & when next you do pull into that nice empty spot downtown... don't forget to thank the parking attendant who's prescence stopped the prick in front of you spending 3hours in a 1 hour parking zone.
It's always nice to be appreciated for a job well done after all ;)

Ian... so where's those piccys? :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Ian... so where's those piccys?
nod.gif

I'm away at my parents at the moment, but I've got one I took on my phone just before we left :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 189

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
murdoch said:
Very smart:thumb:
So has Bex's allowed you to drive her car then:p

Her car :eek: :lol:

She was away with it at the weekend, so I'm going to have a drive around tonight and pick up a computer chair etc... from the shops - I can't wait to have a drive around :D

Ask a Question