What do you drive?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been a while since we've had one of these threads, and I know we have a few car enthusiasts here ;)

Mine's nothing exciting, a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style - about 18 months old. Mainly used to commute or visiting family, so with hindsight I would have got a 1.4 for motorway driving. More than happy with it as it is cheap as chips to run + insure, and is perfect size until we move out of the city :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Mercedes A140 long wheel base and a cycle coz i dont drive :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Still driving my BMW 328Ci which I bought new as a personal import from Holland about 8 years ago when the £/Euro exchange rate made it worth it........I saved £7,000
nod.gif

Its done 55K now and still looks and runs like new :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1984 Mercedes 280SE South African import.

Owned it for 4.5 years now. It's not economical to run at all but I like it.

Mate of mine owned it for 5 years before me so I knew it's history.

I wasn't keen on the colour at first but I've grown to like it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 119

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
like ian i dont drive anything exciting, i have a W reg 1l corsa, bought it second hand with 26K on the clock and in the 3 years i've had it managed to get it up to ~49k, use it for regular trips round the M25 to my girlfriends and to get me to uni and work. its dirt cheap to run, usually get 45mpg+ depending on how heavy i am with my right foot

its quite underpowered, its fine with just me in it but more than 2 of you and it starts to really struggle, especially on motorways and hills

i think the worst time was when i went to calais, the drive back from dover on the M20 was a real struggle, had me and 2 mates plus a boot full of booze so it was 60mph in 4th gear in the left hand lane until we hit level ground lol

i'm hoping to get a new car with a bit more power after i turn 21, which is only a few months away now :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mitsubish FTO GPX - 2 Litre V6. Opposite to Ian, it's damn expensive to run & insure!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Corsa 1.5 Turbodiesel a real workhorse with the Isuzu engine which makes her more reliable than your average Corsa and economical to run aswell 60mpg+

She's done over 104,000 miles now and still going strong, starts first time every time even on the coldest mornings..

Corsa15TD.jpg

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
C'mon you lot its only mr bootstomp and myself which are posting pics..

Get your fingers out or cameras for that matter and post those piccies..:nod:

Don't be ashamed this isn't Top Gear you don't have to band your ferrari or latest Ascari on here, you won't get slated! this is the real world were talking here, with cars that have the need to get the kids and grandma in the back aswell oh and not forgetting the dog...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
isuzu engine?? you have a bastardized car? sounds like my mates clio, has a 1.2 polo engine in it for some reason?!

i dont have any pics of my car, dunno why? but i'll put some up tomorrow

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
isuzu engine??

Yes Isuzu Turbodiesel engine as at the time Vauxhaul didn't make very good Diesel units so had a partnership with the eastern car maker to produce engines for these Corsa's...Even now I don't think Vauxhall make a decent Diesel lump..

Its pretty nippy though as quick as an equivalent 1.4 petrol Corsa, when the Turbo cuts in it shifts and its got lots of Torque being a diesel..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
1.9 diesel (not TDi) Ford Galaxy 1996 with 275,000 miles on the clock . Still does 40 + on average , would do a bit less if I did a lot of town driving . Its fab to drive with the power steering but its a bit of a pig so no more road raceing for me for a while . Its the most basic model so no sun roof or electric mirrors but has front electric windows .
You can even get some clips that fit in where you take some of the seats out that enable you to clip a bike in for comuters and a cool box that plugs into one of the spare power sockets at the back of the vehicle also utilises the seat clips . Me I'm looking forward to weekends away in the summer . Car during the week and camper van at weekends .

:D

Thats the Vale of York in the pic near Helmsley .

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Reaction score
Land Rover Defender 90CSW.
But NOT in London as some bloke called Ken wants to screw me for lots of ££££!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the pic of it, from last summer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fiesta.jpg
    fiesta.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 106

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
quick pic out of the window of my car and my sisters golf which i also drive on occasion as she's been in australia for 2 years

attachment.php

not great as they're on the neighbours drive and i used my phone

Attachments

• (600 x 450).jpg
    (600 x 450).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 80

Ask a Question