Car Insurance

Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone got any ideas what the best company to insure your car with is? Im going to buy a new car but its going to cost about £1500 to insure a year! Any ideas? I tried confused.com but they gave me quotes from £1300-£2000.

Help!! lol.

Bodhi

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

Anyone got any ideas what the best company to insure your car with is? Im going to buy a new car but its going to cost about £1500 to insure a year! Any ideas? I tried confused.com but they gave me quotes from £1300-£2000.

Help!! lol.

Bodhi

At the moment ASDA :thumb: http://www.asdafinance.com/

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've used my local Swinton branch for the last 8 years beat every quote I ever got of the net except once I got a £15 cheaper quote from a catalogue company . They even send me a christmas card every year , handwritten too :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Would be good to get in quick Bodhi - I read at the weekend that premiums are set to rocket in 2007 :(

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Would be good to get in quick Bodhi - I read at the weekend that premiums are set to rocket in 2007 :(
Oh great, i have full no claims & am a careful driver but those shisters up my premium:mad:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yeah, they did that on my life insurance this year... I mean... it's not like I've been claiming on it lately or anything :rolleyes:
But it's the only company that will insure me with my epilepsy so...
& they keep trying to get me to up my premiums... I mean insurance amounts (at the moments it's basically enough to bury me & give my kids a wee nestegg) too.
next year I'll be turning *cough cough* 40 *cough* you wanna bet they try & increase my payments again on grounds that I've passed my "best by" date :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Well, at the moment ive got a Toyota Yaris 1.0. With tesco and in April will have one years no claims.

Im 26 years old with no motor convitions or crashes etc.

Car im going to get is a:

Mitsubishi FTO GPX
Registered 1996
1998cc V6 Tiptronic

Anyone know best place for something like this?

Bodhi

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've tried for loads of insurance quotes.

Most gave me the same price.

The cheaper ones, when I studied the fine print, gave really crappy cover.

Right now, FWIW, I got full no claims bonus, drive a 2.8 litre Mercedes 1984 280SE, fully comprehensive with legal cover and protected no claims bonus for £420.00 per annum.

Sometimes it's good being an old farty :D :p

PS: You could try Churchill, they seem to be good.

Reaction score
And Quinn-Direct.co.uk let you drive other cars as standard on any policy, if you are under26 (which you arent)then this is great as they are on of the only companies to do this for young people. They also let you modify the car as long as it dosent affect prerformace - great if you want some better shoes for it or something.

As Stingray says, Adrian Flux are good for modified and performance cars

BUT

I would give A-Plan a ring - 01252 725725 for my branch and they are reallly helpful and will usually beat any price you have been previously offered. Just say you were reccomended by current customers.

Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Im a bit wary about going for a company i havn't heard of to be honest. But all the big companies just have this standard set of questions which obviously just tick boxes so you dont really get a personalised quote.

Never heard of Adrian-Flux or A-Plan, can people say they use them and would recommend them?

Thanks again.

Bodhi

Reaction score
A-Plan are a broker - have used them for many years and they bend over backwards to help in any way they can. Great bunch of people.

Adrian Flux are good.

Reaction score
I went through the yellow pages & confussed.com and ended up using Churchill, who were cheaper than my previous insurer Esure. I think Churchil want the business more.

Reaction score
Brother has used Adrian Flux before, they were fine for him.

It's normally all the boy racer types who use them though, due to them not having extreme premiums for modified cars.

Reaction score
I used A-Plan for 3 years - then Tesco Insurance almost halved my premium... A-Plan said
"Sorry, we don't know how they can do that!!"

Shop around EVERY renewal!

Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
I used A-Plan for 3 years - then Tesco Insurance almost halved my premium... A-Plan said
"Sorry, we don't know how they can do that!!"

Shop around EVERY renewal!

Blimey - Aplan have never failed us in many years.

They would have a policy with us at no profit rather than not have one at all

What usually happens is they offer us a renewal quote, we shop around, beat it by loads, then A-plan say yeah we'll beat that by £10 and throw in recovery.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Blimey - Aplan have never failed us in many years.

They would have a policy with us at no profit rather than not have one at all

What usually happens is they offer us a renewal quote, we shop around, beat it by loads, then A-plan say yeah we'll beat that by £10 and throw in recovery.

You can't beat customer service like that!
My aunt works for an insurance broker and knows ALL the tweaks n tricks!
It goes without saying, but we're being taken for a ride with insurance premiums!
(er - 'scuse the pun!) :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
2.0 L fuel injected Cavalier GL , full no claims , Fully comp , Protected no claims , Legal expenses cover , With AXA Insurance obtained through SWINTON so this includes the £15 handling fee , a massive £186.76 . Took me ten minutes in the office . Easy peasy .
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question