Its that time of year again-----------

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just got me new MOT for me 1996 Galaxy. Two small brake pipes, one small ball joint, fitted em meself total cost £30 plus the £53 test fee. I'm well chuffed.
Insurance due on 25th this month so Swintons sent me a renewal quote £320. Went to Confused.com and could have got insurance for £180 but it did not have legal cover. But they quoted £236 from Zurich with everything I wanted and very low excess cover £100 and £50 for excess glass. So I bought it there and then as I got 500 Nectar points and £50 of M+S vouchers, so it was a super bargin.
I'm even more chuffed.

Don't you just love the internet.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mine's late October or early November.

I've had my car since 2003 and last year's MOT was the first one since I've owned it that it didn't need anything doing to it.

My insurance costs me around £430.00. That's fully com with everything, legal stuff, protected no claims bonus (I have full), hire car, the lot.

I will definitely have to shop around. But... the proof of the pudding is when you have to make a claim - read the small print ;)

Insurance companies are oh so nice when selling you a policy, when it comes to actually claiming they mutate from Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde.

Oh, the car is a 1984 Mercedes 280SE, 2.8 litre automatic South African import.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Oh, the car is a 1984 Mercedes 280SE, 2.8 litre automatic South African import.

I was going to leave some kinda of smutty/sarci remark, but then I thouhgt about it and changed my mind as I could get in trouble for it....But in short that paticular maodel of car were very popular with people that belonged to the A.W.B and Wit Wolve, to not so very nice groups in S.A in those times

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I was going to leave some kinda of smutty/sarci remark, but then I thouhgt about it and changed my mind as I could get in trouble for it....But in short that paticular maodel of car were very popular with people that belonged to the A.W.B and Wit Wolve, to not so very nice groups in S.A in those times

I'm well aware of that but it's a lovely car and driving it, surprisingly, has not turned me into a raving racist nutter signing up for the BNP.

Well, who'd a thought it eh? My goodness, the car's from SA therefore Mr Flops must speak with a strange accent and hate kaffas.

As it happens, my mate Lennox, all the way from Peckham, loves the car too and asked me if I found any diamonds under the back seat.

My mate Lennox was born in Guyana.

PS: You wouldn't get in trouble for making that sarky remark Max, you'd simply show yourself to be a bit narrow minded and shallow.

But you didn't make the remark did you? So no harm done eh? :)