"8Mb" Broadband

Reaction score
Yo,

Been a while since i posted, reason being, just had to move to sunny brumingham for a new job!.

Anyway, before i moved i lived with my parents, my dad has a thing for AOsmell, we had a 512Kb connection.

When i moved i decided to order a DSL connection from PIPEX, which was up to 8Mbps. Now i know that you rarley get the full 8Mb unless your very to close to a major city but when BB was first enabled on my line was getting speeds along the lines of 2Mbps, which i thought was fait enough and didn't expect much more.

But tonight the connection is in excess of 4Mbps. I remember reading somewhere that in the first week of having broadband the connection speed can fluctuate while the exchange works out your fastest most stable speed.

Just curious of other peoples experiences with up to 8Mb BB and how fast their connection ended up being?

J

Reaction score
I dont have 8mb BB, but i do have 2.2mb and the highest d/l speed i have seen is 145kb a second...

Ask a Question