Happy with your Broadband Provider?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a new broadband provider as my current one is quite expensive compared to the rest, and I'm moving house soon so it makes sense to switch now.

I was going to go with Talk Talk, but I think I'll hold off for now until I know a bit more about their performance.

I'm currently looking at Pipex, which offers 8MB unlimited for £27.99. The UKOnline 22MB service looks good too, but I'm just checking if it is available in my area now.

Any advice from anyone happy with an unlimited fast connection? :D

Reaction score
Virgin ISP OK

Ian Cunningham said:
I was going to go with Talk Talk, but I think I'll hold off for now until I know a bit more about their performance.

I'm currently looking at Pipex, which offers 8MB unlimited for £27.99. The UKOnline 22MB service looks good too, but I'm just checking if it is available in my area now.

Any advice from anyone happy with an unlimited fast connection? :D
My ISP is virgin and i pay £17.99 a month for 2MB speed & 6GB Download:thumb:
Support is OK & setup is easy, only niggle is contacting by email is a bit of a nightmare. But that is the only down point.

Since the talk talk offer came about (i'm a talk talk phone customer) the service is a disaster!! I know of customers being given August as a start up time, support is very poor & customer relations well are worse. ASA are looking into the offer at the moment.

See what offers are about & contract length, most now are only 1 to 3 months notice. And let us know what you decide.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Currently with NDO/Namesco - there were great until they were bought out, and now about average.

I've noticed Be Broadband is available @ 24MB in my area for £20/month - its very tempting :D I've sent them an e-mail saying if they price match I'll stick with them, if not then I'm off elsewhere ;)

Thats not a bad deal with Virgin, but 6GB is too low for me unfortunately. The site backups are about 3GB now, so downloading those each week is the main reason I want a fast unlimited connection.

I'll see what NDO have to say about the price match before I jump ships, but it looks like Be Broadband are the lead contenders at the moment :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Ian

I can only speak for myself but I have had wonderful service from Pipex for the last 2 years - no fuss, no downloadsmax etc... and no expensive phone calls if you ever need to call them (which I think I have done twice in 2 years). May not be the cheapest but for me I shan't be moving ever!

Hope you find the chosen one :)

Love

Gabs x

Reaction score
Plusnet Premier - 8meg on a 30:1 contention £21.99

I think it has limits - but they are really high - we come no where near reaching them - and we have 5 PC's

Never breaks down. Top customer service.

Reaction score
i have been with bulldog for 9 months and am still waiting for a bill. after checking their site i found out that my current ballance is over £300, but still no sign of any request for payment. it is starting to P**s me off

Ask a Question