24MB Broadband UKONLINE

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi PSD

Good grief, that seems pretty fast to me!!!

Don't know what I think - probably not for me at the moment, quite happy with my 2.2Mg connection at £17 per month or thereabouts. I suppose it depends what you want to use the net for.

Let's see what others think.........

Love

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That seems very good, although I am always sceptical about things like this until I actually see it! I know people in London can get 8MB broadband quite easily for the same price as the rest of the UK.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, it says I can get 8MB broadband where I live now!?

Will have to look into this ;)

Edit : After reading the comments here I might wait a bit actually.

Reaction score
lol
thats what i was thinking!

maybe ukonline dont have such a good reputation!

is there any current customers amongst us?if so please share your views!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I've checked my postcode and telephone number and can't get the service in my area!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is called ADSL2+ ...

"ADSL2+ will give you a much greater bandwidth to the home," said Sarah Kemp of Nokia.

"For instance, if you live within 2km of a central exchange you can have up to 24 megabits to your home.

"Alternatively, you can run ADSL in 'Reach Extended' mode and have up to 200 kilobits per second up to 7km from the local exchange. So you have it both ways. Either lots of capacity close to, or less but further out, compared with ADSL."

Don't jump ship and change your ISP just yet ... wait, and pray your not more than 2.5 miles away from the exchange. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3900367.stm

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im not convinced until i see it working reliably

Last edited:
Reaction score
yup... if you live too far away from the exchange, you won't get the high speeds... Thankfully, my exchange is less than 1/4 of a mile from my house :)

Reaction score
UKONLINE = Not good

I signed up for the 8mb service when it went live in Guildford (Feb), when I signed up I was told I would be on 2mb for about a week and then the 8mb service would kick in.

What actually happened was I was stuck on 2mb, being told I could not upgrade as there was a problem with the 'software' controlling the upgrade????

Trying to call them is nigh on impossible unless you can wait for upwards of 40 minutes on hold. I even tried to call them at 9am on the dot only to have to queue for 30 minutes and then to be told I would probably not get 8mb until my contract renews because I was signed up for the 2mb service and 2mb users cant upgrade.

So I refused to pay them and told them to disconnect me! At least they got this bit right as they have not tried taking any more cash.

TBS

Ask a Question