Be price drop

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Just thought some other members might be interested.

This morning i got an email from me ISP Be Unlimited. I Previousley got unlimited 24mb broadband for £24 a month. Also the umlimited is really unlmited noone has ever reported recieving a letter from them about using too much bandwidth (to the best of my knowledge)

And this morning i got an email announcing that they lowered the price of my service to current and new customers to £18 a month :D

if you are looking for a new ISP i would definately reccomend these guys :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Really!? Ah yes, posted in the news at TBB... http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3230-be-lowers-prices-of-its-products.html

Now that is tempting, as i have been thinking about jumping to Be LLU for a while... Just one thing that worries me, will they cope with the obvious increase of customers they will get now?

Thats now £2 less than i am paying for my Entanet MAX line......Hmmm, very tempted i must say...... :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
V_R said:
Thats now £2 less than i am paying for my Entanet MAX line......Hmmm, very tempted i must say...... :)

well if you do switch i have a referal code that could get us each a month free ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah Bonus! Nice one mate. :D

Now i am very tempted, will start to look into things. Hows the servece? Seems they've have a few outages recently, thats not so good....

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Well we haven't had any outages here, in London. At the moment we get a very good speed (18megs) into the router but we live quite close to the exchange. The router that coems with the service is ok but the wireless isnt great, and the tech support is very good :thumb:

p.s I dont work for be ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, They use the Speedtouch router, is it still the 780? I use a 585V6 so thats not much different. The speedtouch routers are truly great for ADSL. The Be box has only got VOIP over my current one.

Do you use DMT?
I use it here, great little tool. ;)

Hmmmm, this is starting to look too tempting to miss. The usual checkers say i should get between 8 and 10mb down, Am on 5mb down atm. (longish line) As long as Be will put me on fast path and not interleaved i may well go for it. From what i've read, they do fast path on the unlimited and pro packages just not the value package. Time to make some phone calls...

Do you max out the connection you get CFC?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm getting a little annoyed at Plusnet since BT bought them and i've been looking at this package but the price was putting me off but now i'm a happy man
nod.gif

just wondered how long does it take to transfer to LLU ? i know my exchange is enabled but how much time will there be without the internet? if any?

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
just wondered how long does it take to transfer to LLU ? i know my exchange is enabled but how much time will there be without the internet? if any?

for me it took around 4 days but it was a new connection at a new house so im not sure if the time frame would be different for you.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If your migrating to Be it can take upto three weeks But is usually more like 1.5-2 iirc, you may have an hour or two downtime. From what i've read its down to 'good old' BT. :rolleyes:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the time it takes to migrate i'm not too bothered about, its the downtime i'm more concerned about

defiantely thinking about this more and more now

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Just got another email from them, static ip addresses are now free, used to be £4 a month :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i noticed that as well :D, another plus as far as i'm concerned

will probably ask for my MAC next week sometime and sign up as soon as i recieve it

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
will probably ask for my MAC next week sometime and sign up as soon as i recieve it

If you do pop me a PM next week and we can each get a month free :thumb:

plus free connection for you

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
now that i do like the sound of :thumb:

sent off for my MAC about 5mins ago, hopefully i'll get it on monday and i can sign up then

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
just got a call off of plusnet, offered me up to 6 months half price line rental as a good will gesture if i stay with them

tempting as it was i declined and they sorted out a MAC key before i put the phone down :thumb: for that

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
just signed up for this :D the site says it'll take a couple of weeks but i'm hoping it won't

oh well just gotta wait and see

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
just got another email from Be, my activation is scheduled for the 24th :D

hopefully all will go smoothly and from what i can tell, with my line stats i should get ~15meg :eek:

so V_R you gonna be changing as well ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah maybe, still thinking about it, i am very happy with my Enta service tbh, rock solid no downtime it the 6 months i've been with them, and they just fired up another seg of the next central to avoid contention so all is well. :)

The fact that 02 have bought Be doesnt fill me with confidence, remember wanadoo/orange?

Whats your attenuation and SNR atm ME?

Ask a Question