Be price drop

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
at the moment my Attenuation is fairly stabel and always seems to be 26 and my SNR is usually 6 - 6.5

hmm that O2 service is interesting and cheaper just a shame they have a yearly contract

i put my number in to check availability and it says i have already got an order on my line in their system so i cant see all the details

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
me_2001 this morning be accepted the referral and credited my account with a free month so yours should have the credit on your account for a free month when it sets up :thumb:

:D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
forgot bout this, lets start at the begining

first issue i had was my line being activated and not having my welcome pack and BeBox arrive untill 2 weeks later, luckily i had my router and was able to set it up but had to ring them as i had none of the IP and subnet address' etc. for some reason the letter with all the info turned about about 3 weeks after i got the BeBox! they were good enough to give me a month free though to make up for it

second, my line isn't quite as good as i was hoping, currently i'm on 8Mb/s and it seems impossible to get a response from Be* via their ticketing system and calling them gets me through to some idiot that has no idea how BB works and is somewhere in asia so i can't understand half of what they say

so far i've established with a bit of help from another forum that my line has quite alot of noise even though i can sync at ~9700kbps with an attenuation of 24 and SNR of 4 (which used to be 8 so i think Be* have bee playing with that) with those stats i should be on ~17Mb/s even though i have a relatively low SNR

my next port of call is BT 2nd line support and hope i get through to someone i can understand and knows what they're on about so i can ask why my modem is using the wrong modulation type, i'm currently using G992.3 annex A instead of G992.5 annex A, but due to having a transmitting station near by there is the possibility that BT have put some sort of filtering on our line without us knowing which would explain why (so i'm told)

if anyone on here knows anything about this sort of thing, i'll happily listen to what you're saying :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You be wanting 7.35 mate. :)

The translation is not always quite right, hover the mouse over the text highlighted in yellow for the original wording, sometimes its easier! LoL

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Done, thanks mate :thumb:

Now all I have to do is work out what it all means :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Got it all connected? use the same details you use to log into the router.

Go into options and tick the 'unlock experimental area. ;)

That will open the other two tabs on the right.

The modem options tab is where you can raise and lower the slider (uncheck the default box) this will manually adjust your target SNR. :D

EDIT: if you wondered, the yellow bit is your SNR, Higher is better, 6db is about as low as you want to go before you start getting major errors in most cases.

the blue bit is your bit tones. (the bits with a usable DSL signal) Basically more is good.

The grey bit is a rough line length.

Any q's just ask. :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats the forum i've been getting help from, also have DMT tool but can't unlock the extra settings ??

the option is actually grayed out

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
also have DMT tool but can't unlock the extra settings ??

the option is actually grayed out
What the 'unlock experimental area' option in the options? Have you got the right version for your router?

EDIT: just remembered, that maybe firmware related, i remember reading that some firmware dont work with DMT, not sure if thats on the Be box or not though....

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
yeah its because i have the latest firmware version so i can't adjust any of those settings

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Though so, have you tried a different one? Whats the Be box? 780?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
tried a different what? the BeBox is a speedtouch 585 and the firmware is 6.2.17.5

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
oh right lol, unfortunately it came with that version

how easy/ risky is it to downgrade ? i've only ever upgraded lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No different afaik. Same process, you have to use the cd iirc. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is the firmware Be's own or just the normal one, not sure about changing it if its Be's own firmware, i'd do a bit of checking first. Just too make sure your not going to bugger it up! :)

Ask a Question