Reaction score
pass ... I get a fright every time I look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have:

Alien Isolation: Hardly played it so far
Doom: Not at all frightening
Outlast: Yes, it is very frightening. And difficult.
Among The Sleep: More unsettling than frightening. Very odd, very surreal.
Amnesia The Dark Descent: A little undergarment soiling here but not too bad
Alan Wake: Finished this one, not at all scary
Resident Evil 4: Dunno about scary but the gameplay is a bit rubbish
System Shock 2: The odd jump out your chair moment but generally ok for those of a nervous disposition
Dead Space: Finished this, old school horror schlock, more liable to make you laugh than get scared

And they're the only ones in that list I've tried.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yeah some of the games on the list are not really scary at all. They could have included the FEAR series for instance, some pretty scary moments in them. :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Alien Isolation: Finished it, its good, scary when you have to hide from the alien.
Doom: Mental!
Outlast and Amnesia: The Dark Descent not finished then yet.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Amnesia: The Dark Descent tried it a couple of times , halfheartedly I must admit. Found it pretty boring as I remember and I never got very far, hardly made it out of the corridor.

The Penumbra series had some pretty spooky moments and was a much better game in my opinion.
Could be a good starting place for Bootneck02 to venture into gaming. They play nicely on linux and you can get them from the Humble Store so no need for any Steam client.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/penumbra-collection

Penumbra Collection includes:
  • Penumbra: Black Plague
  • Penumbra: Overture
  • Penumbra: Requiem
Like all good nightmares, Philip's begins with something all too real - his mother's death. The days following the funeral are characterized by nothing, save for an incessant feeling of abandonment. Until, that is, he receives a letter from a dead man.

Penumbra is a first person horror adventure focussing on story, immersion and puzzle solving. Violence and combat is hardly an option - the player has to use wits to guide Philip through his final test, and this makes the series unique in offering a truly dangerous and terrifying experience.

£6.99 for hours of edge of your seat terror. :eek:

Ask a Question