2 sets of Programs in Taskbar

.... I am having a problem trying to remove a duplicate set of my running
programs buttons from my task bar... can someone please help.

FYI- do not tell me to resize it...geesh! I have and i am only minimizing
the issue. besides it tends to resize itself and screw up the whole taskbar
after a few reboots...

Pennywise

(e-mail address removed)
... I am having a problem trying to remove a duplicate set of my running
programs buttons from my task bar... can someone please help.

LIke Right click Tool bar > properties > Group similar task ??

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Line 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality

Note: You may lose all the existing Taskbar settings, and the additional
toolbars that you may've added earlier.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message .... I am having a problem trying to remove a duplicate set of my running
programs buttons from my task bar... can someone please help.

FYI- do not tell me to resize it...geesh! I have and i am only minimizing
the issue. besides it tends to resize itself and screw up the whole taskbar
after a few reboots...

Martin C

I have had this problem on a number of occassions as well. As I have also
set up some folders with shortcuts to other programs or files for easy
launching from the taskbar, I cannot use the reset to default script from
Kelly.

What I have noticed, however, is that a reboot of the PC often (but not
always first time) clears the problem and the task bar is back the way it is
supposed to be working.

In other words - try a complete restart of the PC (not a log out and back on
again) and keep your fingers crossed.

I wish that someone could find a proper fix for this problem though, as I
often get a duplicate of other toolbars - the language toolbar in
particular - and the taskbar becomes a complete mishmash of messed up
toolbars. It is a real pain.

Martin