Which WIRLESS NETWORK CARD do u reccomend?

Reaction score
riiggt everyone

im lookin to buy a wirless network card its for my LINKSYS ROUTER

So far i have not been imprssed by LINKSYS so what company do u recoomend to buy a card?

do u think there will be a difference in signal strenght between a USB ADAPTER and a PCI one and also do u think different companies have different signal stengths?

ideally im looking for 2 cards , so if u know of a buy one get one free im the man u need to tell lol:)

Im thinking of going for NETGEAR

your thoughts will be much appreciated.
thanks
psd99

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If I remember correctly KCorp did very well in a review I read recently but I've never used them myself - also it was clear from the article that different company setups were producing differing signal strengths - however they were testing using the same company for both the router and PCI card which I understand makes the setup more reliable.

USB adapters tend to have shorter range, so I would stick with a PCI card.

I got my cards off Ebay - worked out alot cheaper, but I'll keep an eye out for any 2 for 1 offers for you!! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll be looking at around £20ish each I think - but I'd go for PCI cards if possible (not least because they are out of the way).

Netgear and Belkin have had good reviews - so either of those would be quite acceptible. Most shops have generic cards (own brand) which are reasonable enough if you are after a cheap card (as the hardware is almost the same), but the software is very lacking.

Be sure to set some security up on your wireless router if you do get these :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, very happy with my Belkin F5D7000 54g cards - work well with my Belkin wireless router, not sure what the're like with Linksys routers though...

Reaction score
cool thanks for ur replies

Admin, I would like to go for a big name brand. i dont want to take any risks with a 'minor' make as it were.
but if it was a buy one get one free on a small company im ur man!!:)

Im looking at Netgear mainly. i have one linksys card in this machince. if i had sense i should turn off this pc take out the pci card and stick it into the other machine and see what kind of signal i get but i think thats just missions!!!
so i im gona fork out 30-40 quid on a new card!

Ask a Question