Laptop network card.

Reaction score
I have been upgrading my wireless network from Belkin (or should that be BROKEN) to what ever is better.

So far my Desktop PCI card has been upgraded from a Belkin, lets keep dropping the connection to a Linksys.

Now it is the turn of the laptop PCMCIA card, but as this is used in all rooms in the house it needs to have a good connection to the SKy Router and therefore have a powerful signal.

I have been looking at http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...=7625874036B03 and it mentions rangebooster. But do I need a Linksys Rangebooster router to get use of this?

It also mentions NIMO and when looking at the Netgear website (comparing the SKy router) this does not have NIMO. So is it a waste to buy this or will it still be better thn a 54g card?

Thanks for all your help.

Over to you!
confused.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You don't give the model of Linksys router - but generally to get these higher speeds using MIMO, SuperG and all the other various supposed speed boosting features, you need to match the card with the router to get the most out of it - i.e a Linksys MIMO card with a Linksys MIMO Router etc.

Reaction score
DG834GT is th emodel (apologies for missing that out).

any recommendations on a good card for this router (PCMCIA ) that will stop the black spots.

Ask a Question