Dlink Router Password Reset

Reaction score
Hi, I have a rangebooster 2310 G router, which i purchased about 6 months ago from the Source. WHen i bought it, it must have been a return, because it came with a slip of paper with a network key and password written on it.

I have since lost the slip of paper (of course!) and tried to do a password reset, but CAN NOT open the www.192.168.0.1 webpage (it just zaps me back to google results!) i have wireless but can not configure my network or create a password for it!

Please help me; i don't really feel like sharing my wireless with the whole condo complex!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sheldon

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

There should be a hole on the back of the router, you need something (non-metal) to insert to press the wee "button" that will reset the router. Hold the "button" in until lights re-flicker.

The default log-on & password is usually ... Admin / Admin

HTH

Reaction score
thanks HTH, but i did that already. the original password has been erased and i was able to sign on with my Wii, however, my network is now simply called "dlink" and there is no password protection. I am unable to change my network settings and add password protection. THe manual says to go to www.192.168.0.1 and an admin page will open, allowing me to alter my settings, however I can not go there. It says "broken link" or "unable to find page"...

I just had a brainstorm and am thinking that a program called "Network Magic" which self installed during the original installation process off the Dlink disk might be hindering this action... I'm going to uninstall it and see what happens.
Thanks, and i'll keep ya posted!
S.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
piscescree said:
The manual says to go to www.192.168.0.1 and an admin page will open, allowing me to alter my settings, however I can not go there. It says "broken link" or "unable to find page"...

Can you try just typing 192.168.0.1 in to the address bar (no www), as that should take you to the admin page :)

Reaction score
Dang, that worked just fine Mr. Cunningham, however, the default suggestion that muckshifter posted (admin/admin) is not working. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Sheldon

Ask a Question