pricelessware Infighting

weallhatebillgates

In my short time as an ACF regular, I found this site and it has been an
unbelievably wonderful site with links to useful stuff I've even posted
links to other freeware from ACF.. I'm not part of the fight and am
uninterested in what happens and who 'bitch-slaps' who. What I
previously spent a long time finding is now linked on the same page and
has a reputable source. All I'll ask is that the person (whose name I
was told but can't remember - (Dysphraxia or something I've been told))
who owns www.pricelessware.org (or whatever its called) sells it to me
for a reasonable price and I will make it available (speak to my lawyer
etc) with no restrictions to this site. My entire pc is built around
'free' software (swmbo uses commercial versions of same s/w) and the
companies involved are making money so no-one loses. But the political
in-fighting leads me to think I'll have to find it all again on my own
instead of going to one site. This fight is only making people switch
off (me included). So Make me an offer and I'll host the name forever
(only one restriction but you come meet me and you'll sort that one).
I've found freeware since (probably) before most people even
knew what a 'pc' was and will continue to do so. The disappearance of
this site makes it harder. If it's reasonably priced, I'll pay for
hosting but what you will do is give money to the charity of my choice
in return ( and I will check....)
Go argue, and when you're finished, call me.

R. L.

In my short time as an ACF regular, I found this site and
it has been an unbelievably wonderful site with links to
useful stuff I've even posted links to other freeware

Hey cool! Glad that you find some good stuff here, any links
to recommand?
from
ACF.. I'm not part of the fight and am uninterested in what
happens and who 'bitch-slaps' who.

Hmmm, it seems that there is no fight anymore. I *think* we
can enjoy the group from now on and post some freeware will
do.
What I previously spent
a long time finding is now linked on the same page and has
a reputable source. All I'll ask is that the person (whose
name I was told but can't remember - (Dysphraxia or
something I've been told)) > who owns www.pricelessware.org
(or whatever its called) sells it to me

IMO, just go ahead and contact that person yourself. I don't
think it needs discussions here. If that person whatever site
whatever domain it is wants sell it, you can have it (who
cares). But if that person does not want to, it is you guys'
business .....no need to be discussed here, not our business.

btw, any freeware to post?
the political in-fighting leads me to
think

Hehehe, does it look like we are still fighting anymore :-]
Honestly, your post sounds a bit strange to me. But of
course, I should assume that you must be a very nice person
because you sound so.
I'll have to find it all again on my own instead of
going to one site.

you can still just go to one site, any one of them, seem my
sig and ... btw, were you there with the discussions? Don't
just glanced through them quickly, you CAN still just go to
one site and find everything (I thought the discussions we had
made this clear....strange...)
This fight is only making people switch
off (me included).

Hehehehe, I don't think I saw any fight though. Hey, let
start talking about the new boy in town: the wonderful
excellent Firefox browser!!! Btw, the *flood* was the most
recent "fight" we had ...hmmm, let's get update you one the
latest even.
The
disappearance of this site makes it harder.

No, it won't disappear... hmmm... I am thinking that you did
not read the discussions ...where did you get that?? strange
strange
If it's
reasonably priced, I'll pay for hosting but
what you will
do is give money to the charity of my choice in return (
and I will check....)
Go argue, and when you're finished, call me.

(hmmm...very strange post....hope that this is not...tr**l,
the tile of the post is quit t*ol* like) Anyhow, we are not
arguing anymore.

Hey, btw, you said you have been around even before we know
about PC; just curious, what are the freeware at that time, I
know very little about early freeware and I remember seeing
some really old ones and they are kind of fun! What are the
earliest you use? Do you still have them?

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater; Little (File) Backer Upper; Uptime

Garrett

weallhatebillgates wrote:

[snip]

Pricelessware.org isn't going away or anywhere else. It's just that
the two people who were involved with it are no longer involved in this
particular web site.

I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing all the
errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the missing information. So
when I upload the redesign, it'll even be better than before. :)

And my freeware picks for this post are:

Firefox:
Most excellent web browser!

Thunderbird:
Most excellent email client!

Trillian:
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
Most excellent multi-IM program!

And that's enough of using the word "Excellent!" today!

Best regards,
-Garrett

Tramp

|Pricelessware.org isn't going away or anywhere else. It's just that
|the two people who were involved with it are no longer involved in this
|particular web site.

So you are the only one that sees mail sent to the links email address
on the Pricelessware site?

|I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing all the
|errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the missing information. So
|when I upload the redesign, it'll even be better than before. :)

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

bambam

Hey, let start talking about the new boy in town: the wonderful
excellent Firefox browser!!!

New boy!
I just had a look at my archives-

phoenix-0.2-win32.zip 8th October 2002 [date of download]

Some of us have been using it for a while. ;o)

R. L.

weallhatebillgates wrote:

[snip]
I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing
all the errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the
missing information. So when I upload the redesign, it'll
even be better than before. :)

YEAHHHHHH! Thanks

And my freeware picks for this post are:
Firefox:
Most excellent web browser!

Oh boy, I am in love with it :) The cutest fox ever!
Trillian:
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
Most excellent multi-IM program!

I used Trillian a while ago but found it a bit bulky, wonder
if it is better than Marida...

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater; Little (File) Backer Upper; Uptime
Quickie; Tray Quickie; Google Quickie; Lefty Animated
Cursors;
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
Places that host a list of the Pricelessware annual voting
results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org, http://www.earths-
ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

R. L.

Hey, let start talking about the new boy in town: the
wonderful excellent Firefox browser!!!

New boy!
I just had a look at my archives-

phoenix-0.2-win32.zip 8th October 2002 [date of download]

Some of us have been using it for a while. ;o)

I know, hehehe ....I tried it long time ago, too; it is
certainly the "hotest" piece recently, though. Whereever I
go, they are talking about that Fox! It certainly become
"in" just not long ago :)

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater; Little (File) Backer Upper; Uptime
Quickie; Tray Quickie; Google Quickie; Lefty Animated
Cursors;
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
Places that host a list of the Pricelessware annual voting
results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org, http://www.earths-
ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

John Corliss

Tramp said:
Garrett wrote:

|I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing all the
|errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the missing information. So
|when I upload the redesign, it'll even be better than before. :)

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Given the fine work Garrett did
at Freeware Home.

Garrett

R. L. wrote:

[snip]
I used Trillian a while ago but found it a bit bulky, wonder
if it is better than Marida...

Marida? or Miranda? If you mean Miranda, then you are right. Miranda
is so much lighter on the system than Trillian. But, if you have a
strong enough system, then Trillian is an good choice. Though, with
Miranda, I like the ability to make it this tiny little window with no
title bar.

Another program of interest on this subject is Gaim, which can be found
here: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/index.php

The draw back to Gaim, is that it requires the GTK libraries which in
itself is a hefty download. But the program does run smooth enough for
me and doesn't seem to choke my system.

-Garrett

Susan Bugher

Garrett said:
weallhatebillgates wrote:

[snip]

Pricelessware.org isn't going away or anywhere else. It's just that
the two people who were involved with it are no longer involved in this
particular web site.

This is news! Genna has sold you the pricelessware.org domain?
I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing all the
errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the missing information. So
when I upload the redesign, it'll even be better than before. :)

flatterer. . . ;)

Susan

*ProteanThread*

Garrett said:
R. L. wrote:

[snip]
I used Trillian a while ago but found it a bit bulky, wonder
if it is better than Marida...

Marida? or Miranda? If you mean Miranda, then you are right. Miranda
is so much lighter on the system than Trillian. But, if you have a
strong enough system, then Trillian is an good choice. Though, with
Miranda, I like the ability to make it this tiny little window with no
title bar.

Another program of interest on this subject is Gaim, which can be found
here: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/index.php

The draw back to Gaim, is that it requires the GTK libraries which in
itself is a hefty download. But the program does run smooth enough for
me and doesn't seem to choke my system.

-Garrett

I like miranda, but because they have not resolved the yahoo issues, i've
been sticking with easy message. :blush:)

--

Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion)
http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards)
http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat)

http://rtdos.com/chat
Chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

Ben Cooper

Garrett said:
weallhatebillgates wrote:

[snip]

Pricelessware.org isn't going away or anywhere else. It's just that
the two people who were involved with it are no longer involved in
this particular web site.

Do you mean Genna and Susan?
I've been in the process of redesigning the site and fixing all the
errors, inconsistancies and filling in all the missing information.
So when I upload the redesign, it'll even be better than before. :)

Oh, my. I've had the time to look at some of the sites you've been
involved with. If that's the future you envision for pri¢ele$$ware.org I
suppose everyone should be prepared to accept ads on the site and
affiliate links to "free" software. Please tell us that's not in your
plans.

I'm still waiting for my name to be removed from the pri¢ele$$ware.org
site. Perhaps you could take a couple of minutes out of your busy
schedule and delete the following two lines from the site-
"USA: Arizona:
Ben Cooper Email: historybot (AT) hotmail (DOT) com"
And my freeware picks for this post are:
[snip]

And my freeware picks would be *any* of the programs you can find by
visiting...
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

Jes

*ProteanThread* said:
I like miranda, but because they have not resolved the yahoo issues, i've
been sticking with easy message. :blush:)

The last time Yahoo stoped working in miranda a few days later a fixed
plugin was downloadable. Every program has to be fixed now and than if
AIM/MSN/Y! changes their protocol.
But miranda does not support all features of the Yahoo protocol. Simple
chating works okay for me.

jes

John Fitzsimons

Took the words right out of my mouth. Given the fine work Garrett did
at Freeware Home.

Yep. We sure are fortunate to have him helping us. :)

Regards, John.

Garrett

Ben Cooper wrote:

[snip]
Oh, my. I've had the time to look at some of the sites you've been
involved with. If that's the future you envision for

My name is "Garrett R. Hylltun", use that name to look for
information on me. You'll find all sorts of info on me in a search
online. Check out the google groups archives, check out web sites that
have something of my name listed.... But for Pete Sake man! don't just
sit there making stuff up!

I'm still waiting for my name to be removed from the pri¢ele$$ware.org
site. Perhaps you could take a couple of minutes out of your busy
schedule and delete the following two lines from the site-
"USA: Arizona:
Ben Cooper Email: historybot (AT) hotmail (DOT) com"

I'm not sure what I did to you.. Can't think of anything I did to you
at all. But you on the other hand, have been all over my hind end like
you intimately know my hind end, or want to initimately know my hind
end. You don't even know me, but yet you seem to want to be all up in
my sunshine now. Never said a word to you Ben, except that I'd confirm
your request when I got to it.

Now here's the kicker Ben... I don't have to remove your name if I
don't want to. You don't have the right to make me do so. But I'm
going to do it anyway, because I respect people, but I'm not going to
change the course of a river just because you're throwing a childish
tantrum. What next? Are you going to cry because I didn't jump
immediately when you *Ordered me* to do so? Well maybe not, but it
looks like you've started some sort of smear campaign against me
though. And why Ben?

Susan and Genna had a disagreement.... I jumped in to try and
resolve it, and somehow you've made me the villan? I didn't say
anything bad about either one of them and I've definitely never said
anything bad or disrespectful to you. I didn't have the disagreement
with either of them, and you're all up in my brown hole here over
something that's not critical to the situation. What's worse, is that
you're being so childish.

It's funny really. I haven't done anything wrong regarding this
situation at all. Others sure have, but what did I do wrong Ben?

Anyway, as I said before; Your *request* is noted and I'll confirm it
via email when I get to that point in the update of the site.

Now..... For my freeware pick for this post:

Google Toolbar
http://toolbar.google.com/
• Browse by Name - save time by typing names
instead of URLs in your browser's address bar
• Search the web with Google from any site
• Eliminate pop-up ads
• Fill in forms with one click
• Highlight search terms on a page
• Updates automatically - no need to install software
upgrades

Someone here in this thread might benefit from this when trying to
start a smear campaign against some innocent bystander!

It's a simple as:

-------------------------------- ---------
|"Garrett R. Hylltun" | ( Search )
-------------------------------- ---------

...End freeware pick for this post

At least when I jump all over somebody's hole, it's because they were
seriously out of line in the group!

Best regards,
-Garrett

Susan Bugher

Garrett said:

[snip]

From: "Garrett" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:22:13 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

<quote>
I would like to avoid advertising BS on the site and will avoid it at
all possible cost, and that means avoiding advertising being imposed
from free hosting. If all else fails, and the site is in danger of
being shut down due to lack of funding, I will resort to the use of
advertising and or moving to a free host which may or may not impose
advertising on the site, but this is a last ditch effort.

From: "Garrett" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:22:13 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

<quote>
I will not impose my will on anyone here and I will take suggesstions,
comments without prejudice, regardless of who, what, where etc....
</quote>

hmmmmmm. . .

Susan

Alastair Smeaton

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:49:37 -0400, Susan Bugher

a pile of shit stirring

Susan - regardless of who is wrong and right, things seem to have
moved on - why did you have to respond to this.

I wonder if you have a larger than life ego.....

Garrett

Susan said:
Garrett said:

[snip]

From: "Garrett" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:22:13 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

<quote>
I will not impose my will on anyone here and I will take
suggesstions, comments without prejudice, regardless of who, what,
where etc.... </quote>

hmmmmmm. . .

Susan

Yes Susan? And the above is relative how?

-Garrett