PW_ACF graphics contests

burnr

Ok...maybe a bit confusing...I'll try to clarify.

Contest 1..banner for the Pricelessware pages.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners/

Contest 2..banner for the ACF pages at pricelesswarehome
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/

Contest 3..logo/button/plaque award for freeware authors who would like
to display an award indicating their app. has been selected as
Pricelessware.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/award/ (empty at the moment)

The award button should be small, around 90x35 or there abouts I think.

Anyone interested can send them to me by email. Send to webmaster at the
domain in my sig. and I'll display them at the url's above.

Susan Bugher

burnr said:
Ok...maybe a bit confusing...I'll try to clarify.

Contest 1..banner for the Pricelessware pages.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners/

Contest 2..banner for the ACF pages at pricelesswarehome
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/

Contest 3..logo/button/plaque award for freeware authors who would like
to display an award indicating their app. has been selected as
Pricelessware.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/award/ (empty at the moment)

I moved Nicolaas entry to this directory - it's an award banner.
The award button should be small, around 90x35 or there abouts I think.

Anyone interested can send them to me by email. Send to webmaster at the
domain in my sig. and I'll display them at the url's above.

I've rearranged the layout at the top of the page for PL2006. I think
the PL logo shows up better that way and it's *different* from the ACF
pages - ISTM that should make it easier to tell where you are. Comments?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
I've rearranged the layout at the top of the page for PL2006. I think
the PL logo shows up better that way and it's *different* from the ACF
pages - ISTM that should make it easier to tell where you are. Comments?

oops -> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006ProgramIndex.php
etc.etc.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

Contest 2..banner for the ACF pages at pricelesswarehome
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/

http://users.pandora.be/erlandvo/acf_banner_summission1.png

regards from

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Susan Bugher

Vegard said:
on 22.10.2005 12:00 burnr wrote:

I just uploaded a couple of new header files (rearranged the header text
and changed the colors). See:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_BUSINESS-HOME.php

Nice :) but. . . changes are in needed in other parts of the header
(the text fonts and the text layout) if we want to use that logo. ISTM
we need submittals of ACF header files rather than just banners/logos.

If you create revised header files Burnr or I can upload those to the
banner directory on a PHP page (and add other header file submittals
below them). (ISTM Burnr or I should create a PHP page for the PL banner
submittals too so we can compare different color schemes.)

If you look at the page source you'll see three header files are used
(header1.htm, header2.htm and header4.htm) on that page. The one of
primary interest to you is header1.htm but you'll need the others too to
change the entire color scheme (all the files are in the acf directory).

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
[...]

to make it a bit easier - and provide a couple of "horrible examples" ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/ACF_headers.php

That web page is straight HTML - you can save it and revise the portion
labeled "Vegard" should you care to. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
to make it a bit easier - and provide a couple of "horrible examples" ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/ACF_headers.php

still talking to myself. . . ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners/PL_headers.php

Suggestions for color schemes?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

I can take the submission back if it creates "trouble" :)
to make it a bit easier - and provide a couple of "horrible examples" ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/ACF_headers.php

That web page is straight HTML - you can save it and revise the portion
labeled "Vegard" should you care to. . .

Susan

Susan, this is way above me :)
I have emailed Ronald Sandee about a modification to the freeware logo
to make it conform to the headings.

BTW: Excellent work as always :)

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

RSandee

Vegard Krog Petersen said:
I can take the submission back if it creates "trouble" :)

Susan, this is way above me :)
I have emailed Ronald Sandee about a modification to the freeware logo
to make it conform to the headings.

BTW: Excellent work as always :)

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

I'll try to keep up :)

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~rsandee/logo/logo.html

groet ... ronald.

burnr

np, yours is really good. You do like using simple colours, don't you?

I do prefer a simple and clean look. But that's just me. :) Your's look
nice as well. Actually, all of the submissions are quite good. It will
be an interesting vote. This is all for the fun of it for those who wish
to participate. I hope no one is too disappointed if their submission
doesn't win the vote. For me...it's just a fun way to participate in
this kewl group of helpful people. acf rockz

Susan Bugher

Vegard said:
Susan, this is way above me :)

Silly me, sorry about that. Dramatic simplification -> I'd like you to
tell me the background colors you prefer for the various tables. IOW - I
want to know the whole color scheme.
I have emailed Ronald Sandee about a modification to the freeware logo
to make it conform to the headings.

So I see. Big thanks to Ronald. :) Showing the color name of the
background made matching the table's background color super easy.

revised web page:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/ACF_headers.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

burnr said:
I did. Much appreciated. For some reason the .png format didn't render
properly though. I don't know why. Sorry. I had to convert them to .jpg
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners/

Hi Burnr,

<unsolicited suggestions>

Submittals should be either GIFs or JPGs. PL logos should be 85 x 400
(per your earlier post). ACF logos should be 85 x about 600 maximum if
it's an "alt.comp.freeware" (text & graphic) logo (like Vegard's) OR 85
x about 120 maximum if it's a grapic logo (like "Wings of Freeware").

IMO the text in the logos needs to be consistent.

Pricelessware logo text: Pricelessware OR Pricelessware 2006

ACF logo text: alt.comp.freeware OR alt.comp.freeware (and) Freeware:
Legally obtainable software that you may use at no cost, monetary or
otherwise, for as long as you wish.

because all web pages are not the same. . .

The PW logo will be used on the main index page.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/
most visitors viewing the main page will navigate to this PL2006 page:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/about2006PL.php

The background color of the PL pages changes every year - makes it easy
to tell which year you're looking at. For the same reason the background
color on the ACF pages should be *different* from the background color
on the PL2006 pages. IMO we should be looking at proposed color schemes:
background colors for the PL and ACF web pages and table background
colors.

PL banner submittals *and* headers are here:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners/PL_headers.php

ACF banners/logos *and* headers are here:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/banners_acf/ACF_headers.php

</unsolicited suggestions>

I'll be happy to change the backgrounds/table colors on those two web
pages if somebody tells me what the "bgcolor" numbers should be.

Apologies for sticking my nose into a contest you're running. I'll shut
up now. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

My 5C: Header suggestion no. 2 and 3 is good. Perhaps in no.3 change the
image to the left and text to the right.

:)