Windows XP IE 6, firewall frustration

Reaction score
I updated to SP2 for xp and IE6. Since, a very frustrating thing has been happening. While browsing the net, the screen alsmost always goes to web site unavailable and suggests refresh. The first few sites load fine, but then the trouble begins. I click on refresh and sometimes the site loads after the first refresh, sometimes after the 5th, even sometimes after the 13th (I've counted).

Also, my windows firewall tells me that my administrator has some sort of group policy that has the firewall turned off. This is scary, especially since I am the administrator and this is my home machine.

I have run Adaware, spybot, hijack this, antivirus as well as a bunch of other attempted fixes...and I have yet to resolve.

Any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Have you updated windows [ automatic ] if not go to windows update. start> windows update> run.
if that fails to solve the problem.
Roll back to SP1 as your problem is ongoing.

Reaction score
Start>programs>system restore> pick a time and date PRIOR to updating to SP2 >click ok.

Let it run it will take a while and will reboot several times.

Ask a Question