    Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?

    Thanks for any help.

    Matt.

    Guest, Jan 26, 2005

  2. "The Stoat" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
    > pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
    > have done this which fixed the original problem but now various words
    > or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash' amoungst other
    > things!) get double underlined with a link to various web pages!
    >
    > Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Matt.

    Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText, HotText or
    TopText if present.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Jan 27, 2005

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" wrote:

    > "The Stoat" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
    > > pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
    > > have done this which fixed the original problem but now various words
    > > or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash' amoungst other
    > > things!) get double underlined with a link to various web pages!
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help.
    > >
    > > Matt.

    > Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText, HotText or
    > TopText if present.
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    Thanks very much for the reply. I spent ages looking for something in the
    advanced Internet Explorer settings and never thought to look in Add/Remove
    programs! I didn't find any of the programs you mentioned but I did find
    'hyperlinker' and uninstalled that. That did the trick!

    Thanks again!

    Guest, Jan 27, 2005
  4. "The Stoat" <> wrote in message
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" wrote:
    >
    >> "The Stoat" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
    >>> pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
    >>> have done this which fixed the original problem but now various
    >>> words or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash'
    >>> amoungst other things!) get double underlined with a link to
    >>> various web pages!
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>> Matt.

    >> Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText,
    >> HotText or TopText if present.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    >> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    >> http://www.fjsmjs.com
    >> Protect your PC
    >> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >>

    > Thanks very much for the reply. I spent ages looking for something
    > in the advanced Internet Explorer settings and never thought to look
    > in Add/Remove programs! I didn't find any of the programs you
    > mentioned but I did find 'hyperlinker' and uninstalled that. That
    > did the trick!
    >
    > Thanks again!

    Aha! A new one to tell people to look for.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Jan 27, 2005

    daehlerr

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Another ad-ware app that creates double-underlined pop-ups is TidyNetwork.com You can remove it as an unwanted program from Windows Control Panel.

    daehlerr, May 19, 2013