Almost had enough

Adam Albright

Hopalong Adam wrote:

<Hopalong Adam : Daddy daddy look at me I Hopalong Adam.>
<Daddy: Yeah, son I see you over there.>
<Hopalong Adam: Do you see me on the my cockroach named Crumbs?>
<Daddy : Where is that Blackflag? I though I sprayed that cockroach.>
<Hopalong Adam : Don't hurt Crumbs daddy Crumbs is my friend daddy.>
<Hopalong Adam : Look daddy I got your gun daddy -- BANG BANG BANG.>
<Daddy> : NO SON YOU"RE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!>
<Hopalong Adam : BANG BANG OUCH! DADDY DADDY I SHOT MYSELF IN THE ASS!>
<Hopealong Adam : DADDY DADDY MY ASS HURTS!>
<Daddy : I TOLD YOU -- YOU HARD HEADED LITTLE *CLOWN*!>
<Hopalong Adam : CRUMBS CRUMBS COME AND GET ME!>
<Crumbs : You can lay over there and bleed to death, because you ain't
no friend of mine. I am tired of you ridding me anyway!>

I see this idiot dropped the Mr. LOL!

Galen Somerville

DArnold said:
Hopalong Adam wrote:

<Hopalong Adam : Daddy daddy look at me I Hopalong Adam.>
<Daddy: Yeah, son I see you over there.>
<Hopalong Adam: Do you see me on the my cockroach named Crumbs?>
<Daddy : Where is that Blackflag? I though I sprayed that cockroach.>
<Hopalong Adam : Don't hurt Crumbs daddy Crumbs is my friend daddy.>
<Hopalong Adam : Look daddy I got your gun daddy -- BANG BANG BANG.>
<Daddy> : NO SON YOU"RE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!>
<Hopalong Adam : BANG BANG OUCH! DADDY DADDY I SHOT MYSELF IN THE ASS!>
<Hopealong Adam : DADDY DADDY MY ASS HURTS!>
<Daddy : I TOLD YOU -- YOU HARD HEADED LITTLE *CLOWN*!>
<Hopalong Adam : CRUMBS CRUMBS COME AND GET ME!>
<Crumbs : You can lay over there and bleed to death, because you ain't no
friend of mine. I am tired of you ridding me anyway!>

Why don't you switch over to a teeny-boppers chat room with all your crap.

Galen

Mr. Arnold

I see I am an idiot with my nose wide open, :(

Is that your best Hopalong Adam.

You tell that other *clown* that needed to post it's an auto <plank>, not
worth the read.

The poster formerly known as Nina DiBoy

Bill said:
So your fantasies are about Ubuntu? At least I have sexual fantasies and
can distingiush them from Computers :)

That reminds me... Need to poke the wife tonight.

First off Alias, pardon me for this please.

Bill, assuming, just for the moment that hypothetically anything you say
above about Alias might be true...

He could honestly go to all of the seedy sites he wanted to with no anti
-spyware/adware/virus software on Ubuntu and still not get infected!

:)

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"They hacked the Microsoft website to make it think a linux box was a
windows box. Thats called hacking. People who do hacking are called
hackers."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Bill Yanaire

Well then, maybe he should start visiting all those seedy sites, generate
reports and in 3 years get back to us. That will give us a nice break!

Frank

The said:
He could honestly go to all of the seedy sites he wanted to with no anti
-spyware/adware/virus software on Ubuntu and still not get infected!

:)

Well, I don't know if that's a statement or a question but my advice is
to always practice safe sex if you're not in a monogamous relationship
to avoid getting any kind of infection.
I think that's good advice.
Fran

Romane

Good morning Ronnie

I'm not sure whether your reply is genuine or sarcastic, having just
followed the lengthy mutual personal abuse between the members here, but I
will take it as genuine, treat it at surface level, and say thanks.

I will admit to a high level of frustration at the post that opened this
discussion, and yes, I am still very frustrated with the product. I have
checked on the websites of my hardware vendors, and apart from a few, mostly
the drivers are up to date. I am sticking with Vista regardless until at
least the first service pack. And outside of this thread, you will not find
me venting but trying to provide assistance where I can with solutions I
have found worked on my hardware combination.

R.

Romane

This doesn't solve the problem with Vista. I may perhaps try it on one of my
other machines, but this beast was put together by the shop (I normally
build my own - maybe that is where I went wrong) with the express intent of
running Vista Ultimate, and am reluctant to walk away from it without a
fight.

R.

Bill Yanaire

Why can't you give advise on how to solve the problem instead of offering up
a Beta product that most people don't know, or don't care to configure to
mimmick Vista?

You are just as bad as those idiots who say, "Just install Ubuntu" !

Romane

XS11E said:
You'd NEVER make such a statement if you'd ever had to disinfect a
machine at work or a friend or family member's machine from the stuff
newbies can inadvertently pick up....

I did say that *with* having that experience. I have been responsible until
only a few years ago for managing one of a corporate institution's computer
systems, and seemed to always be the first port of call for family and
friends when anything went wrong with their machines. All that stopped when
I moved a long way away to another city, and decided at the same time to go
for a career change.
Stick with it, your problems are probably solvable, you just need to
ask the right questions.

If you read in another post, I do recall that previous versions of Windows
had headaches, and that Microsoft eventually did a release that fixed the
problem.
I have to say the drivers for some devices were slow in coming but,
with one exception, all those I need are in place and the people who's
hardware is the single exception on my PC, Logitech, have emailed me
that they are working on a fix and have, in fact, already released an
update to their software. Have you contacted the vendors directly? I
did and have been pleased with the effort Logitech has shown so far.

The key words in this paragraph are "those I need". I have chased and am
still chasing regarding the drivers. Almost all of them are the latest on
offer and tonight should get the last of the updates down. But I am
dubious - I have had updates that created other problems and had to roll
back - the original problems were easier to deal with.

Terry R.

On 6/29/2007 12:08 PM On a whim, Mr. Arnold pounded out on the keyboard
Why don't you ask your mama?

You should get on your cockroach named *Crumbs* and ride out.

You're boring with no comeback, so I'll have to give you a <plank> that's a
soft logical <plonk>. You shouldn't get that confused like the other one
did, because I always have got to keep one eye on a *clown* like you.

<yawn>

And you think, "Why don't you ask your mama?" is a comeback?

I think this one needs a summer job...

--
Terry R.

***Reply Note***

KristleBawl

Exactly!! No question = target for unhelpful replies.

"Locate the right one for your technical questions about the
Microsoft products you use _and_post_your_question_."

Anyone trying to start an argument would post a very similar message.

KB

in message

KristleBawl

It helps if the OP actually includes some ideas or information to go on.

General opinions are only likely to fertilize Frank's next crop of Trollnip.

KB :)

"Stephan Rose" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

DanS

You've already posted it, thanks.

Your right, I did already post it!

But I'll post it again for those that didn't see it....

'Newsgroups are online threaded discussion groups in which people
converse asynchronously to exchange ideas and information.'

xfile

Simply stated, it's an alternative just like others are offering Linux, Mac,
etc.

I don't want to discuss about how many people would use beta or server OS as
a desktop, but nerveless, it's an alternative for the problem :)

KristleBawl

Before you decide on anything, you might be interested in a bit of backgrond
info about why Vista asks for confirmation before installing anyhing.

How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708/en-us

HOW TO: Enable the build-in Administrator account in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910/en-us

Keep in mind that, in 1995, Windows 3.11 users had the same complaints.

need new hardware
need more RAM
old programs don't work

If you would like assistance trying to adjust some Vista settings, I'm sure
quite a few people here can help.

Unfortunately, just general complaining isn't going to get your Vista
machine running any better.

KB

in message news:[email protected]...

Mr. Arnold

<Hey Hopalong Adam Ass-wipe, tell that clown that needed to post that it's
an auto <plank>, not read.>

<g>

XS11E

DanS said:
Your right, I did already post it!

But I'll post it again for those that didn't see it....

'Newsgroups are online threaded discussion groups in which people
converse asynchronously to exchange ideas and information.'

You neglected to post the entire message:

'Newsgroups are online threaded discussion groups in which people
converse asynchronously to exchange ideas and information. There are
over 2,000 newsgroups dedicated to discussing Microsoft products.
Locate the right one for your technical questions about the
Microsoft products you use and post your question.'
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read what it says, not what you want it to say.

Enough now, we're getting even farther from the purpose of this
newsgroup which is to be a peer to peer help forum for people with
problems with Vista, nothing else.

Alias

Frank said:
Alias wrote:

Well that's just no true!

Yes, it is or is No Care just a waste of money as well as Defenseless? I
am sure that McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, Trend Micro and the boys are
designing anti virus programs for Vista just for kicks, right?
You don't have Vista so you know nothing at
all about it.

I don't have a lot of things but that doesn't mean I don't know anything
about them. Your logic is illogical as usual.
Stop lying to actual users about something of which you have no real
experience, ok?

Not a lie. It's you that's lying to cover up your lies as usual.
Not to mention that Vista is expensive and Ubuntu is free.

Just because Vista cost $800USD's in spain doesn't mean the whole world
pays that much. Who cares that urbuttoo is free. It's only a toy os.
Frank

I could pay a lot less for OEM but why should I? You have yet to give
one good reason to use Vista instead of XP or Ubuntu other than belches
and unfounded, lying insults.

Alias