Zen firmware update

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

Hs anyone who has the Zen updated the firmware for it?

heres the link to the page, I have the 1.01.03 version. (As is from the point when i bought it.)

I was just wondering if it was worth doing or not. I haven't had any probs with mine, apart from one time it crashed and i had to take out the battery to get it to do anything. It then said "Rebuilding media libary, please wait" :eek:
But after that it was fine.

One of the fixes for it is to do with the battery and charging it.

Heres a quote from the site -

It has been reported by some of our customers that they have experienced reduced battery life after charging their Zen Micro. Our product development team has researched these reports and determined that the users may have experienced this after they plugged their Zen Micro into the AC adapter that was already inserted into a wall socket with the AC power on.

While this is not the conventional way to plug in a player for charging, we wanted to ensure that our customers did not experience this problem, so we have developed a solution to address this, which simply involves upgrading the Zen Micro's firmware.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.
Cheers!!

V.R

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
If that is the only issue that the firmware fixes, and you're currently not having any troubles then I'd leave it as it is!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im with cache-man, if its working fine dont bother changing it

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
As a policy firmware updates should only be done when you are confronted with a problem. If your equipment is giving good service leave it alone. There is always a risk involved when firmware update procedure is carried out. I agree with Cache-man and Me_2001 its best left alone this time.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice one thanks peeps, thats what i thought you'd say.

If it aint broke dont fix it!

Reaction score
nimicitor said:
does anyone know when the next zen touch firmware is out? there hasnt been any news since december.

dont think it is very often they only seem to bring new
firmware out when there are issues with the current

Ask a Question