Yo Quad, I Need some advice!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
On the off chance that you do see this, What do you use to rip you CDs?

Ive heard EAC with LAME codecs is pretty good choice, but I cant quite figure it out. :lol:

Do you have any tips or suggestion? :bow:

Thanks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
On the off chance that you do see this, What do you use to rip you CDs?

Ive heard EAC with LAME codecs is pretty good choice, but I cant quite figure it out. :lol:

Do you have any tips or suggestion? :bow:

Thanks.

EAC with LAME is good but a very painful and time consuming process. In any case I am not too keen on the MP3's but when I do need it I just use the software dbPoweramp which you can download from the link and see if it works for you. The newer versions have issues so I use the old version 10

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/soft/059411/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for dbPoweramp, I've used it for years, it has variable settings so you can choose quality.

I use the older version on one computer to capture audio from line level (Audacity also does a good job of this) and I have a paid for full version of dbPoweramp to convert my CD's to FLAC.

I've been converting my CD collection to FLAC for some months now on my media PC and I'm currently up to the letter 'R'. It's a much better format than mp3.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks guys.

On another point - I suppose you guys wouldn't happen to know (or own) if there are any portable devices that can play FLAC files?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes there are plenty of portable players on the market which in addition to MP3 can play FLAC files as well.

A good one which is sensibly priced is the Sandisk Sansa Fuze and Clip, depending on the size you prefer. Both have the memory card slot so you can have plenty of songs on the go. These players are also rated highly.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2733-6490_7-578-1.html?tag=

Ask a Question