Yo dudes!

Reaction score
Hi there, my name's Debbie and I cometh from Birmingham (England, not Alabama). I'm at that stage in life where programming the video recorder has become difficult - the brain ain't what it used to be. Came across PC Review forums a few days ago and really like it, active, friendly and full of clever people willing to give their time and knowledge. I'm hoping I might be able to contribute at some point, although I wouldn't hold your breath (see 'video' above).

I work at home as a transcriber (typing up audio files), so I use computers A LOT. Hoping this site can help me look after them. I have a bespoke desktop machine (never used, my days of sitting at a desk are WELL over, but Hubs likes it), and two work laptops, both Toshbia. I spend my days lounging in an Ikea chair (seriously comfortable) typing away in my headphones. Its a nice, peaceful job. I also write a blog and articles for the Sunday Mercury newspaper.

Currently having a problem with a Frontpage spam virus which refuses to go away, but I'm trying not to let it keep me awake at nights (much).

Looking forward to getting to know you all :nod:

Reaction score
Hello Debbie & Welcome to PCreview.
happywave.gif

Should have mentioned i'm on my 2nd Toshiba Laptop, 1st one lasted 8 years!!!!

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Debbie and welcome to PCR. :wave:

By the way, I've got several Toshbia appliances. :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
nivrip said:
By the way, I've got several Toshbia appliances. :D

So... would it be fair to call you toshbiased? :p

Yo! Debbie!
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Welcome Debs.
My first post too, also my first laptop (Tosh.), it seems a good machine, no problems yet . . . . .

My last one was infected by the Thai virus from my son's CD's from his holiday there. ( RaKKi . . . ..something or other ..... ), really bad news.

Enjoy,

N. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hiya Debbie - you still have a VCR? :eek:

Nice to meetcha Brummie Broad :)

So, where you from then? Carlisle? :D

Reaction score
Gosh, what nice folks you are! I'm a big fan of Toshiba. I pound on the keyboard all day (with my work) and they've stood the test of time. When I retired my old laptop in January I bought another make (I won't mention the name), started working on it and the keys popped off within days. Took it straight back and replaced it with another, reliable, tough Toshiba. Anyone else use their computer for work?

Pics? Of what?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Brummie Broad said:
Anyone else use their computer for work?

Daily, but not a great deal, just invoices, promos and stuff.

Brummie Broad said:
Pics? Of what?

I think Andrew C wants to know what a Toshiba laptop looks like... :rolleyes:

Ask a Question