Sony Bluetooth Headphones

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was in need of a wireless headphone for computer use which would not break the bank and at the same time give me decent sound that I could live with.

After some research and short listing, I decided on pulling the trigger on these ones. They arrived today and I am testing them out, in a few days I should be in a position to express my opinion on these.

Sony WH-CH510 Wireless Headphones

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
20191130_115323.jpg

20191130_115547.jpg
20191130_115603.jpg
20191130_115621.jpg
20191130_115804.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice purchase @Quadophile :).

This is interesting as I'm getting a pair of headphones for my dad for Christmas, as he wants to play some online games with me (Red Alert 2 - from ages ago! :D). I don't think he'd like gaming headphones, but he could use these ones with his other equipment.

How do these connect to the PC (via Bluetooth?) and how is the audio quality for the microphone? I couldn't see much in the way of specs on the Amazon site.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Nice purchase @Quadophile :).

This is interesting as I'm getting a pair of headphones for my dad for Christmas, as he wants to play some online games with me (Red Alert 2 - from ages ago! :D). I don't think he'd like gaming headphones, but he could use these ones with his other equipment.

How do these connect to the PC (via Bluetooth?) and how is the audio quality for the microphone? I couldn't see much in the way of specs on the Amazon site.

These headphones sound pretty good for the price, infact very good quality especially with the Bluetooth connection. The call quality is great, I spoke to my daughter on the headphones and it was like talking on the phone itself, she had no problems on her end. There is however one thing I am not very thrilled about is that it is an over the ear headphone. With that said, it means it rests on your ears. For some it would be a problem for long sessions. I am so used to around the ear headphones the likes of my current Sennheiser HD-600 and the previous ones, Sennheiser HD-580. The two headphones I have had since 25 years. Unfortunately both need a headphone amp and cannot be connected to any portable or the computer directly. I wanted something with out wires and with out the need for a headphone amp therefore decided to get these. I used a portable Sennheiser PX-200 as you know well for more than a decade which were over the ear kind but extremely light weight and never had a problem with that. You can tell I am a Sennheiser guy inside out!!!

I am actually contemplating getting the Sennheiser wireless headphones and may return the Sony. The only reason being comfort, maybe I am extremely finicky about it and too demanding. The Sennheiser's have the option to be connected with the supplied cable too which is a big plus point in case the equipment you want to listen to has no Bluetooth capability. The Sennheiser obviously would sound much better at twice the price compared to the Sony. The one I am considering are these. I should be swapping the Sony with Sennheiser in the next few days, maybe as early as beginning of next week.

Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT

Let me know if you have any questions that I could answer for you. :)

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Update as of Friday evening:

I returned the Sony headphones back to Amazon and have placed the order for the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC. (the price of Sennheiser was just over $100 after tax so basically it is three times the Sony). The one I got are with Noise Cancellation that is why they are a bit more expensive than what I was originally planning to get as indicated in my previous post. I am expecting delivery on Sunday by 9 PM. Once I get them will update in a new Sennheiser thread. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @Quadophile - I hope you enjoy the Sennheisers more :). Noise cancellation is a nice bonus!

I think I will speak to my dad about the sort of headphones he's after, as it may be that he'd prefer over ear ones too. I've not really seen him use headphones much, so may be better to give him the choice.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks @Quadophile - I hope you enjoy the Sennheisers more :). Noise cancellation is a nice bonus!

I think I will speak to my dad about the sort of headphones he's after, as it may be that he'd prefer over ear ones too. I've not really seen him use headphones much, so may be better to give him the choice.

Waiting for the Sennheiser to be delivered later today.

The Sony I returned are very good for the money indeed, if you should decide to go that route he will be ok with it.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Friend of mine has the Sony WH-1000XM3. https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wh-1000xm3/review

Fantastic headphones and amazing ANC but too much ££ for my liking.

I agree they are a bit steep, but, I am sure they sound fantastic. I am very happy with my Sennheiser HD-600 for critical listening, they sound fantastic. The wireless are for casual listening. Once I get them will post my opinion :nod:

Ask a Question