XP3200 Overclock

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just been giving me CPU a bit of an overclock, and would like to know what you folks have to say....

At the time of writing i am up to a FSB of 214Mhz, and belive that i can go further.....

I would be greatful if you gents could give me an idea of what i can expect before i go too far. :thumb:

Thanks in advance everyone. :)

Attachments

• CPU-Z info.jpg
    CPU-Z info.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 159

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Don't listen to Mucks.... ;)

Worst thing that ever happened to me overclocking was having to reset Cmos to get it to boot.

You should be able to make 2.4Ghz if you're lucky.

Try upping the CPU voltage a little as well.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mucks, LOL, I thought you may say something like that. I've seen you thoughts on ocing before. :)
I dont wanna go mad with it, not gonna go to high.

Flops, will try that, thanks :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This may help you.

Clockgen. It allows you to up fsb within windows until it explodes and takes out all your house windows.

Er, nope, it will just freeze or reboot when you've reached your limit ;)

But do make a note of what setting you had it on before it reached limit.

Saves all that re-booting and will give you a rough idea.

Reaction score
How is your memory coping with this, if you are upping the FSB? You may find if you go any further you might get errors due to THAT rather than the CPU. So, you might wanna increase the memory voltages (or lower the latency timings) as well as upping the CPU voltage.

I'm sure your MB will have the option to set the memory to '83%', but remember that the overall system performance is worse when the FSB and memory are asynchrinous.

How hot is your cpu getting under a load? I wouldn't push it any further than 56c, for the sake of reliability and shelf life.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The memory is fine had zero problems, and i am crunching 24/7 for FaD, So i can say its deffo stable

The temps are all good, sits at 48-50 with the Rocket at 3000RPM, At full load 24/7.

If it does get any hotter i got another 1200ish rpm to play with on the CPU cooler..... ;)

Ask a Question