XP won't connect to home network

J

Jan Il

Hi all. XP Pro SP3, 32 bit

I have a laptop and recently did a clean install of the XP Pro XP3. I am having a problem with it connecting to the home network. I am connected to the Internet, and have wireless connection. But, it won't connect to the home network. I am dual booting with Vista Sp2 Ultimate and it is connected with the home network. I can see and access the laptop from the other machines via the network, but, I can't see the other machines from the laptop.

I admit that it has been at least 3 years + since I last installed XP, and I may have forgotten some setup necessary to get the network connection. I have made sure all the necessary folders and such in the network are shared.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan :)

B

Bernd

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Hi all. XP Pro SP3, 32 bit

I have a laptop and recently did a clean install of the XP Pro XP3. I am having a problem with it connecting to the home network. I am connected to the Internet, and have wireless connection. But, it won't connect to the home network. I am dual booting with Vista Sp2 Ultimate and it is connected with the home network. I can see and access the laptop from the other machines via the network, but, I can't see the other machines from the laptop.

I admit that it has been at least 3 years + since I last installed XP, and I may have forgotten some setup necessary to get the network connection. I have made sure all the necessary folders and such in the network are shared.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan :)

Did you run the Network Setup Wizard ?

Bernd

Ask a Question