XP SP2 RC1 - VPC2004

G

Hi

I installed XP SP2 RC1 on VPC 2004 machine. The machine moves very slowly. If I open Task Manger it will show that the CPU is on 100%. The explorer process take 10-20% and the Task manager process take 50-60%!! I tried to install SP2 from a XP with Slipstreamed SP2. It didn't help

Some one got a clue

Thanks

D

dglock

remove sp2!
its a BETA its only for testing.
it may cause problems on some computers.
wait for the real version to become avilable later this
year
don
-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I installed XP SP2 RC1 on VPC 2004 machine. The machine
moves very slowly. If I open Task Manger it will show
that the CPU is on 100%. The explorer process take 10-20%
and the Task manager process take 50-60%!! I tried to
install SP2 from a XP with Slipstreamed SP2. It didn't
help.

G

Hi there

Don't fell bad, I had similar problems at the beginning, however it seems that the problems with the speed went away after I downloaded the updates for SP2, now my machines are running flawlessly. It’s a matter of fact, my PCs are working better than ever, I have yet to encounter any problems on any of my two computers, both have SP2 on them; however, I must make it clear that SP2 started work up to speed only after I installed the updates for SP2, before the updates, one of the machines was running slow and it did scare me a little bit.
----- Erez wrote: ----

Hi

I installed XP SP2 RC1 on VPC 2004 machine. The machine moves very slowly. If I open Task Manger it will show that the CPU is on 100%. The explorer process take 10-20% and the Task manager process take 50-60%!! I tried to install SP2 from a XP with Slipstreamed SP2. It didn't help

Some one got a clue

Thanks

Ask a Question