Windows XP XP Offline Sync - Reverse method

Reaction score
We currently have our users' My Documents folder synced to the network using Windows offline sync. This is working OK except users have to work off the network and the sync is to their local HDD. Many users have to go across the WAN for their My Doc folder, which can be quite painful for them.

Question - We would like to have users work off their local HDD and then have the sync backup to the network (for user performance reasons). Is this possible natively in XP, or is there a 3rd party tool to provide this?

Thanks!
Steve

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
If the original My documents folder is on the network, then click start, right click my documents, go to properties, click move under Target folder location, then select your local hard drive, and select where on the disk you want it to be, and click OK and presto.:D

:( This method works for XP indefinate, but for vista, I'm not sure.

Reaction score
It does work for Vista as well.

Unfortunately, this is where we started. We'd like to do this (use the local C:\Documents & Settings\User...), BUT then have this data sync to the network for backup purposes. SyncToy sort of works, but we're going to use Symantec Backup Exec's DLO, since we can get a good price on it.

Thanks for your info though!

Ask a Question