BitTorrent Sync

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync/technology.html

Platforms

At the moment BitTorrent Sync works on Windows, Mac and Linux devices that meet the following system requirements:
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard or later
  • Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) or newer (32 and 64-bit)
  • Linux with kernel 2.6.16 (glibc 2.4) or newer on ARM/PPC/i386/x86_64
You can install our application on Network Attached Storages (NAS) running on Linux with ARM, PowerPC, i386 and x86_64 architecture.

The devices you setup to sync are connected directly using UDP, NAT traversal and UPnP port mapping. We also provide such additional methods of ensuring connectivity as relay and tracker servers. If your devices are on the same local network, BitTorrent Sync will use your LAN for faster synchronization.

This looks like an excellent way to keep several or more pc's in sync as long as the pc's you want to keep synced are switched on at the same time.
Looks like a very useful tool and I can see no cons with it. Much more secure than cloud offerings as all the files and folders are stored on your own pc's.

breakfast.gif

Ask a Question