XP internet newsgroup??

Patty

Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I don't
seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.

Thanx,

Patty

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Patty said:
Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I
don't seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.

Thanx,

Patty

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't see it, try using
msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best place to access all the MS
newsgroups, really.

Kevin

microsoft.public.msn.discussion
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
microsoft.public.windowsupdate

Tom Pepper Willett

You posted to this one!!!

Tom
| Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I don't
| seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.
|
| Thanx,
|
| Patty

patty

I think i phrased this wrong. It seems that when I go into Internet
Explorer and go to one of my favorite websites, the website will come up
but when I click on the "chat" button, it won't let me chat. If I disable
my Norton Internet Security, I have not problem opening the chat option.
The website is CBS.com so it is a reputable website. It seems that my
Norton is stopping me from going in there. I also found that I am unable to
play any games while i'm in AOL unless of course I disable my Norton again.
I don't like having my Internet Sercurity disabled so I was wondering how I
go about fixing this?
Thanx......Patty
and thanx for making me feel like a total idiot.......you got
me!!!...........lol

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

patty said:
I think i phrased this wrong. It seems that when I go into Internet
Explorer and go to one of my favorite websites, the website will
come up but when I click on the "chat" button, it won't let me chat.
If I disable my Norton Internet Security, I have not problem opening
the chat option. The website is CBS.com so it is a reputable website.
It seems that my Norton is stopping me from going in there. I also
found that I am unable to play any games while i'm in AOL unless of
course I disable my Norton again. I don't like having my Internet
Sercurity disabled so I was wondering how I go about fixing this?

Find out what ports the site/chat requires - they probably have a link that
explains this. Then open them up in Norton.

Woody

There was no intent to make you feel like an idiot. Was just sugesting that
you can post your problems here.

Woody

Patty

I know you weren't trying to make me sound like an idiot. It's just when I
re-read my topic, it did sound kind of silly..........lol.
Thanx again,

Patty

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Maybe you are. That info doesn't show up in your post properties. Did you
try searching for the group in OE using the newsgroups button on the
toolbar, and subscribing to it?
I thought I was posting through msnews@microsoft??
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't see it, try
using msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best place to
access all the MS newsgroups, really.

Patty

Is there a way to show the whole title of the newgroup? When I open the
Newsgroups from up top, they'll tell me "microsoft.public.acce..." or
"microsoft.public.wind...". I can't read the entire title of the newsgroup
and they might have up to 10 or so newgroups that start the same exact way
with the 3 ...'s at the end. Do I have to subscribe to all of them and then
unsubscribe? That seems to be the only way I can read the entire title.

Patty wrote:
Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I
don't seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.

Thanx,

Patty

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't see it, try
using msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best place to
access all the MS newsgroups, really.

Alias

Patty said:
Is there a way to show the whole title of the newgroup? When I open the
Newsgroups from up top, they'll tell me "microsoft.public.acce..." or
"microsoft.public.wind...". I can't read the entire title of the
newsgroup and they might have up to 10 or so newgroups that start the same
exact way with the 3 ...'s at the end. Do I have to subscribe to all of
them and then unsubscribe? That seems to be the only way I can read the
entire title.

Thanx again,
Patty

Just pull the top to the right and you will be able to see the entire name
of the newsgroups. I am assuming you are using Outlook Express.

Alias

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Grab the little divider bar between "newsgroup" and "description" at the top
of the listings, drag it to the right.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

message Patty wrote:
Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I
don't seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.

Thanx,

Patty

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't see it, try
using msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best place to
access all the MS newsgroups, really.

Patty

Ohhhhhhh...........I see now. Thanx!! Patty

message Patty wrote:
Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet problems? I
don't seem to have one in my list of newsgroups that I keep.

Thanx,

Patty

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't see it, try
using msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best place to
access all the MS newsgroups, really.

Ken Blake

In
Patty said:
Ohhhhhhh...........I see now. Thanx!!

Also bear in mind that this ability to drag the divider between
columns on the heading bar works in many places in many
applications: the main window in Outlook Express, Open dialog
boxes, etc.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Patty said:
Is there a way to show the whole title of the newgroup? When
open the Newsgroups from up top, they'll tell me
"microsoft.public.acce..." or "microsoft.public.wind...". I
can't
read the entire title of the newsgroup and they might have up
to 10
or so newgroups that start the same exact way with the 3
...'s at
the end. Do I have to subscribe to all of them and then
unsubscribe? That seems to be the only way I can read the
entire
title.
Thanx again,
Patty
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<[email protected]>
wrote in
message Maybe you are. That info doesn't show up in your post

in message Patty wrote:
Is there a WinXP newsgroup where you can post internet
problems? I don't seem to have one in my list of
newsgroups
that I keep.
Thanx,

Patty

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. If you don't
see it,
try using msnews.microsoft.com as your news server - best
place
to access all the MS newsgroups, really.

Incognitus

Ken Blake said:
In

Also bear in mind that this ability to drag the divider between columns on
the heading bar works in many places in many applications: the main window
in Outlook Express, Open dialog boxes, etc.

Also, double clicking a vertical divider, in almost all cases, will
automatically move the divider to take care of the longest name.

Patty

How do I go about finding out what ports it uses? I went to the website
(cbs.com) and it doesn't say anything. To go into the Suvivor Chat once I
am in cbs.com, I have to Java. I know I do have Java but, could it not be
functioning properly? I've gone to Add/Remove and tried to modify it to see
if this would fix the problem but it didn't work. I'm wondering if I have
to configure my Norton Internet Security to the Java port? Does this sound
logical? Thanx Patty
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"