XP (Home) SP2 IE Problems + Javascript Won't Enable

a) If you select File-Page Setup, or try to print from IE, IE hangs. (The
same problem with AOL Page Setup.) All other software Word, etc prints fine.)

b) Also Javascript will not enable. Despite Options - Security - Custom
Level - Active Scripting is enabled.

c) In IE Help - About the product version number does not display.

What I did:

1) I added broadband to a Dell running XP Home SP1. Without any help the
update manager decided that SP2 should be installed.

2) I tried to install Norton antivirus but this would not install so it was
uninstalled.

3) Windows update won't run becuase scripting is disabled.

4) In installed firefox which works fine even the scription works. But
cannot be used for windows update.

As I thing that the IE print/page setup problem is related to this issue.

Where should I start to fix this problem uninstall SP2 perhaps, or can I
re-install scrpting?

Thanks in advance for your help:~)

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Reinstalling scripting is a good idea. Before that, see if this helps.

Internet Explorer "About" box is completely blank; Unable to type in text
boxes in websites:
http://www.winxptutor.com/ieabout.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com