SP2 and Active-X problem

~ FreeSpirit ~

My PC with SP2 refuses to allow the HP site to download and install an
active-ex script to check and see if I need updated software. HOW THE
$&*&^%$ bloody hell do I shut that damn thing off? I need this done. Do I
have to uninstall SP2 yet again to allow the HP site to install the script?
Clicking on the bar to allow it to download on my PC didn't work.

How do I get rid of these Sp2 pain in the ass security problems?

My PC is a HP w/W-XP Home/SP2 .

I'm the Owner Administrator of the PC and the only user.

TIA

FS~

You need to R.click the bar,then select,install software.However,why would
you leave anything to hp to access and maintain youre computer is beyond
me...

~ FreeSpirit ~

Andrew E. said:
You need to R.click the bar,then select,install software.

$$ I did that. It doesn't work! I also reset the Active-X controls to
enable EVERYTHING and lowered the bar to LOW security for the downloads -
and that didn't work either. I cannot get any HP or MS updates now.

However,why would
you leave anything to hp to access and maintain youre computer is beyond
me...

$$ Maintain it? HP doesn't maintain my PC. They don't have a
"maintenance" service. They have a Active-X program I wanted to check my
system to see what updates/upgrades I may need. Since I have a HP why where
else would I go but to the HP website?!?!?!?!

FS~

Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Ask HP

~ FreeSpirit ~ said:
"Andrew E." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You need to R.click the bar,then select,install software.

$$ I did that. It doesn't work! I also reset the Active-X controls to
enable EVERYTHING and lowered the bar to LOW security for the downloads -
and that didn't work either. I cannot get any HP or MS updates now.

However,why would
> you leave anything to hp to access and maintain youre computer is beyond
> me...

$$ Maintain it? HP doesn't maintain my PC. They don't have a
"maintenance" service. They have a Active-X program I wanted to check my
system to see what updates/upgrades I may need. Since I have a HP why where
else would I go but to the HP website?!?!?!?!

FS~

> "~ FreeSpirit ~" wrote:
>
>> My PC with SP2 refuses to allow the HP site to download and install an
>> active-ex script to check and see if I need updated software. HOW THE
>> $&*&^%$ bloody hell do I shut that damn thing off? I need this done. Do
>> have to uninstall SP2 yet again to allow the HP site to install the
>> script?
>> Clicking on the bar to allow it to download on my PC didn't work.
>>
>> How do I get rid of these Sp2 pain in the ass security problems?
>>
>> My PC is a HP w/W-XP Home/SP2 .
>>
>> I'm the Owner Administrator of the PC and the only user.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> FS~

you are not the first with this problem , my friend tells me HP walked him thru the fix