Windows XP XP, Home or Pro

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Which is better Home or Professional XP?
Is there any real Difference? other than price?

Reaction score
depends what your using the machine for.

pro is optimised for a networked environment where as home isn't (home does still however have basic networking support)

i have both home and xp pc's on my home network. pro just has some advanced tools.

Reaction score
It is not worth it, the only main differance is when you turn it on, it says "pro"

KGB

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
It is not worth it, the only main differance is when you turn it on, it says "pro"

KGB.. lol.. that's quite funny... he he :D .... you could allways download some new boot screens.. :)

Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
KGB.. lol.. that's quite funny... he he :D .... you could allways download some new boot screens.. :)
Nope...and Nope....

When you install SP2 - home and pro are removed from the boot screen.

Reaction score
Chris is it still possible to have Custom boot screens if XP is upgraded with SP2.. I know SP2 has allot of security features.. they havent damned the boot screens to hell though have they? (so they can't be Customised)... Does anyone know?

Alf.. I think Pro was created with Buisnesses in mind.. Rather than a Home user

Reaction score
I know that you have to download different versions of the boot screen depending on if you have SP1 or No SP. Don't know if any SP2 ones have been created yet...

Its like notrsknl.exe is the file that is replaced... you replace it with the wrong version and its time for an unexpected reformat!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I know that you have to download different versions of the boot screen depending on if you have SP1 or No SP. Don't know if any SP2 ones have been created yet...

Its like notrsknl.exe is the file that is replaced... you replace it with the wrong version and its time for an unexpected reformat!

Damn and Damn again!.... lol looks like that when im running with XP im going to have some late nights re-formatting.. I had better keep back ups to date then.. lol as i used to love Customising the OS with Win 98...
Well you have to don't you a personal computer isn't very personal unless customised..

Thanks for letting me know the above chris... that information has probobly saved me from having to do a few re-formats in the future.. :)

Reaction score
my 250th post is this one!!!!!

go for Home definetly. theres minimal differences!

u could use that extra money it would have cost for pro elsewhere!!!!

Ask a Question