works. DHCP is disabled and the values that are used are:

IP: 192.168.2.153
GATEWAY: 192.168.2.1
DNS: 192.168.2.1

These values work for the other 2 wireless computers (different IP of
course) so i do not see what the problem can be. I think its
something with windows XP. I am going to try and reinstall XP on top
of itself to see if that will fix the problem but i would rather not
so if someone has any idea on how to fix this that would be great.
Thank you.

G

I have the same problem on a LAN with 45 computers. I have one that can see the entire network, can even ping google and other external and internal IP's but cannot browse the network.

Any suggestions??

G

I have a very similiar problem with a Belkin Gateway. I can access any computer on the wireless lan except access the internet through a single cable modem. The host computer works fine though it periodically loses connection. I can plug/"hard wire" my lap top into the network and it works the same. However, if I connect this Laptop via a wireless adapter it sees other devices on the network but will not access the internet through the cable modem

Any clue, resources that may help me to figure this out would be greatly appreciated. I am especially concerned with the internet connection dropping problem

Thanks
Dennis

G

I have a similiar problem: I have a wireless network connection to the internet. The brousers connect to the internet through this connection and several other applications work with no problem. But programs that need to connect to the internet to upgrade their programs or databases can not find the connection and say that no connection is available. Some applications will upgrade their programs by "calling" the brouser and proceeding to the website but when you try to only upgrade the database I get a responce that there is no connection available. TWo examples are Spysweeper and norton live update. both will call the brouser to upgrade the programs but does not recognize the connection when trying to upgrade their databases.

Ask a Question