Windows XP XP Fax Cover Page

Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know anything about XP Fax? I want to send a fax without a coverpage, but can't find any option to enable or not to enable. HELP! I'm going nuts!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Dunno, does it say anything here ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more information about sending and receiving faxes in Windows XP, click [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Start[/font], then click [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Help and Support[/font].[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Type the keyword Fax in the HelpSpot [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Search[/font] box, then click the arrow

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:thumb:
[/font]

Reaction score
Fax No Cover Page

thanks for the direction. however, when it lists step by step how to send a fax, this is step #5..

Select a cover page. Choose from the list or specify no cover page at all. Personally, I forego cover sheets unless I'm sending to a big corporation where it might get lost or the document needs some clarification. If you're into cover sheets...

But where the drop down list gives choices of which cover pages to use, there is no option to not use one................still wondering...............

:blush:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, looks like you cannot. :(

There is other fax software, even dial-up modems have their own on the CD

;)

Reaction score
yeah, I have the old "Win-FaX Pro" on my 98 computer, but it doesn't like XP. But I did discover about the XP Fax program that if you send a document from the print command, there is a check box option when the cover page choices come up. Uncheck it and there is no cover page. If you send a fax from the console command, the cover page is always included.

So it depends on how you send the document.

But another thing that bothers me is that when you have the option to prieview your fax, you only see the cover page, and not the accompanying document. if you dont' use a cover page, then when you preview the document, you see the document. strange thing.

:D

Ask a Question