XP And My Mouse

Oliver

Nooo... The really funny thing is that you keep blathering on and on and on
and on, thinking someone cares about anything you say. Who are the 'so many
people who use OE for 8 years without corruption becuse they refused
systematic compaction'? You make statements like that with no proof of any
kind except more statements from you. Are you mentally ill?

NOBODY CARES what you think about pretty much everything. Nobody is going to
make clickable. Nobody cares if you feel assaulted. Nobody cares about your
philosophy about the dumb and ignorant people in the world. Nobody cares
what you think about superficial people with reckless advice, which you
happen to be, by the way. Nobody cares what you think of MS. Nobody wants to
read your boring boring boring rambling theories of all problems you see
with the world and reality. NOBODY CARES!!!

All the things you accuse others of you are guilty of also. You are not a
brilliant thinker. Get over yourself.

The funny thing is this whole message is about an infinitely repeated yet
never reality-checked authoritative statement that has been proved to do
more harm than good. Not reading threads before "answering" will eventually
cause irrelevant posts. The reason so many people have intensively used OE
for 8 years without corruption is they systematically refused compaction;
the reason so many others have sufferred dramatic loss of their assets is
they unduly trusted the reckless advices from superficial people too
confident of themselves. Too many MS people put customers off until they
were blind to reality. Using scorning posts or any other method to delay
checking reality may be safe in the hands of someone who doesn't know what
they are doing and merely postponing thinking until it is too late. Someone
who doesn't understand the consequences and uses the Send button to delay
thinking too long will eventually experience a corrupted news group.

The problem is as old as humans: the more someone is dumb and ignorant, thus
the more he fails to understand others, hence the more he thinks they are
still dumber and more ignorant than he is. Among people in a large company
(e.g. MS people, from managers to "volunteers"), the best ones will be
modest, helpful, constantly and really listening to customers, spending more
time in researching and thinking than in speaking; while the lowest ones
will be so sure of themselves that they can publicly repeat 10 times a week,
without ever thinking, things they never realized are the opposite to facts.
Said Charles Darwin: « Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does
knowledge » (in modern words: arrogance more often denotes ignorance than
knowledge).

PS. May be you could read before posting; here are just a few posts you may
check (I made links clickable, to ease checking for people who usually don't
check what they are talking about):

1) "Reality check on data losses due to compaction in OE", and its "PS." and
its *eight* "DATA LOSS REPORTS":
From: "Kerry Brown" <[email protected]*a*m>
From: "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" <[email protected]>
Message: Sent: Thu 21 Sep 2006 13:55:50 -0500 (18:55:50 GMT)
Subject: Re: Stop polluting please

From: "Kerry Brown" <[email protected]*a*m>
Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Message: Sent: Fri 22 Sep 2006 07:14:52 -0700 (14:14:52 GMT)
Subject: Re: Reality check before posting please

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User