XBOX OR Playstation 2 OR 3 ?s

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this gaming world & looking to jump right in! I have purchased a flat panel LED 52" & ready to get started. With a good portion of my money in my tv, I am looking to spend minimum investment w/ a lot of bang for the buck results. Can someone help in this matter? I want a basic system w/ possible add ons / updates for the future.

PLEASE ADVISE IN THE $100 - $200 range

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much a PS3 costs in the states, but I'd strongly recommend one if you have a 52" HD TV... You may be able to pick a second hand one up for that price.

The PS3 will double up as a DVD/Blue-Ray player, plus as an excellent games console. You can even surf the net and rent films on it. I'm not much of a console gamer, but we use our PS3 all the time for watching films and using the other features (music streaming etc...).

Reaction score
XBOX OR Playstation 2 OR 3 ?

Hello

Thanks for the info Ian Cunningham.

What is your issue with the console format?

Other options available w/ blue ray/DVD setup.

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They are both good consoles.

The PS3 costs more than the Xbox 360 but it does have more facilities.

I understand a mouse and keyboard can be attached to a PS3 and if these can be used with games it will give you an edge over online game players who are using a Gamepad.

The PS3 with a firmware update will also play the new format of 3D movies, which is something to consider.

But, when all is said and done the main criteria for choosing a gaming console is to look at what games are available exclusively for each, then make your choice.

I have an Xbox 360 btw, and I like it a lot :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
BT60 said:
What is your issue with the console format?

Other options available w/ blue ray/DVD setup.

Thanks

No issue with the console format, I just prefer gaming on the PC - each to their own :). That said, if I've got friends round then we'll use the PS3 sometimes as it has some good multiplayer games.

As far as I know, the PS3 is the only Blu-Ray console out at the moment - so if you were going to buy a blu-ray player anyway it would save you some money by getting 2 in 1.

Either way (XBOX 360 vs PS3), you'll get a good console - it just depends if you want any of the extra features.

Like Flops says, it may be worth looking at the games and working backwards from that :).

Reaction score
And make sure the model you buy if a 360 it has HDMI port

The newer models do the older ones don't

I think it's standard on a PS3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IMO it has to be the PS3. But i'm bias as i have one. Am very tempted by the new look 360 + Kinect though.... :D

Games in HD are great.

I too am a PC gamer at heart though.

Reaction score
What GB options (Minimum) do I have or need?

If looking for a used one, what options should I be looking for ?

How much are the games?

Hottest games available (Sports, Racing, adventure, war)?

Thanks

Ask a Question