xbox as pc?

Reaction score
I recently read an article about MS looking at the possibility of xbox - PC hybrid. Given the raw computing power of the new xbox (& PS) I was wondering if there is any reason why people are not turning them into PCs? Or have I just not heard about it?

Klaus

Reaction score
I'm not a gamer but the design of the xbox is to play games on whilst a pc is probably designed in a different way, i may be wrong on this? If i started to get in to games i would prefer to use a dedicated games console instead of my pc

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
people have been turning xbox's into media centres for a while now and i think you can get linux on them aswell, try a google search

Reaction score
Yeah a couple mates at work have there xbox's as media centers. They store movies, games, music etc...etc..
Both chipped mind with different dashboard software. Have them linked to there PC's where they can store, move files and the like.
Won't be long before you can do the same sort of thing to the 360 but better not go into details here about that ;)

But yes it can be done :)

Cheers,

Rich

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
dont know about the x-box and using it as a pc but i heard that the ps3 will come with linux pre installed on it so you can use it as a computer as it willl have sumthing like 6 processors on it so it will be v.powerfull:thumb: you can already put linux on the ps2 aswell so i wouldnt say that you cant use the x-box as a pc as it is basically a pc but without an os for doing other things on it besides games

Ask a Question