World Aids day, 1st December (Today)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:thumb:

Welcome to World AIDS Day - the international day of action on HIV and AIDS which takes place every year on 1 December.

This year in the UK, World AIDS Day is about wearing the Red Ribbon, as a sign of support for people living with HIV and a symbol of hope for the future. We want you to Wise up and Wear it. If you would like to get hold of your own Red Ribbon you can find your nearest outlet here and you can also download a Virtual Red Ribbon from this site to wear on your website or in your email signature.

Thank you kingnathski88 :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
For what?
For the post ... I knew there was a World Aids Day but thought we already had it. :blush:

Well spotted and thank you. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
sorry vanilla
No problem, I heard about it on Radio 1 this morning, but i've been too busy at work to post anything about it. By the time i get here ya done it! :thumb:

Reaction score
They do loads of awareness things this week at college, i think it's quite good:

An internal email i got reads...

Monday 28th Nov to Friday 2nd Dec is Diversity Week.
A time for everyone to stop and think about the differences in our community and the issues and concerns that people around us may have to deal with. The daily themes are:

Monday - mental health and self-harm awareness: posters to make you think, and links to helpful sites.

Tuesday - PHAB (physically handicapped and able bodied) celebrating our differences and the ways we can live together. Christmas cards in aid of 'Treloar's Enabling Education' are on sale in reception and in student services at break time and lunchtime. Tutor time debate for second years.

Wednesday - cultural diversity theme. Discovering and celebrating the wide range of nationalities and cultures represented at college and in the wider community. Come along to the Culture Fashion Quiz at 1pm in rooms 401/2 - with prizes!

Thursday - National Aids Awareness Day. How much do you really know about HIV and Aids? Free condoms at break and lunchtime in the lobby beneath the LRC. Buy a red ribbon. Tutor time debate for first years.

Friday - Gender Awareness Day - what are the issues? Is there discrimination in employment practice? Challenge your opinions and increase your awareness.

All days will see information and awareness posters around the college and there will be a Diversity section in Moodle with further information and useful links.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Free condoms at break and lunchtime in the lobby beneath the LRC
:eek:

Actually, that gave me a good laugh.

... then off behind the bike shed to try them out. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
I fixed your sig' for you kingnathski88

;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
:eek:
... then off behind the bike shed to try them out. :D

You bet! Actually a secluded part of the student car park, but enough of that ;)

Actually i missed that, we only got a 20min lunch break so Stingray and myself went to Sainsburys for a bite to eat, and were late back. At least i can get 15% off at Sainsbury's

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
hey, didnt realise this untill accidentally searching on google, my crunching thing says its doing something for aids???? Was anyone aware about this day today?

Now that's frustrating... It's 'WORLD' AIDS day but they don't hold it until it's already over down here? We didn't hear nothing about it down here yesturday either. It could've been on TV (we don't get TV because we're right up against a granite cliff) but it sure wasn't on the radio. John listens to the radio all day at work & Nothing!!! Now that is slack!!!

Ask a Question