Word count

Starlord

I mostly use Word Perf. 9.0 for my writing, but I need someway to get a
count of total words used. This I can't find in the program. Does anyone
know of a program I can load a word perf. file into and it give me a word
count?

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

Susan Bugher

Starlord said:
I mostly use Word Perf. 9.0 for my writing, but I need someway to get a
count of total words used. This I can't find in the program. Does anyone
know of a program I can load a word perf. file into and it give me a word
count?

Text statistic apps are listed here on the ACF pages:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#1.02TextStats

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

El Bandolero

Il Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:19:37 -0800, Starlord ha scritto:
I mostly use Word Perf. 9.0 for my writing, but I need someway to get a
count of total words used. This I can't find in the program. Does anyone
know of a program I can load a word perf. file into and it give me a word
count?

OpenOffice

Man-wai Chang

Starlord said:
I mostly use Word Perf. 9.0 for my writing, but I need someway to get a
count of total words used. This I can't find in the program. Does anyone
know of a program I can load a word perf. file into and it give me a word
count?
Wordstar got this feature long time ago... :)

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 5.10) Linux 2.6.15.6

lisztfr

btw, Susan, Kpad is "no install" (on the ACF page) . i'm using it,
when i have textfiles with links, comes handy.

laurent h

Michael Wardreau

No help, but...

I haven't used WordPerfect in a long time but I thought word count was
in there.

Craig

El said:
Il Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:19:37 -0800, Starlord ha scritto:

OpenOffice
Yup.

OpenOffice Write v2.0.x can open/read/edit/save as wpd files and can
provide word-counts for total doc or selected text.

Of course, it's a 100MB of love but...

-Craig

Susan Bugher

Starlord said:
I mostly use Word Perf. 9.0 for my writing, but I need someway to get a
count of total words used. This I can't find in the program.

WordPerfect v 8 can show that info. Go to:

File menu\Properties. . . then click on the "information" tab.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware