Word count software/plug-in MS Word

Anthony Giorgianni

Hello All

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a freeware that displays and automatically
adjusts the word count in an MS Word document as you type, cut, paste, etc.
As a journalist, usually I have to write-up-to or cut-to a certain word
count, it would be nice to have the number change automatically either in a
popup or at the bottom of the screen or something. It looks
like the Mac version of word has something like this, but not PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Anne Carle

Hello All

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a freeware that displays and automatically
adjusts the word count in an MS Word document as you type, cut, paste, etc.
As a journalist, usually I have to write-up-to or cut-to a certain word
count, it would be nice to have the number change automatically either in a
popup or at the bottom of the screen or something. It looks
like the Mac version of word has something like this, but not PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I'm a medical transcriptionist who uses Word Perfect, not Word, but
many of my peers on sci.med.transcription use Word and have cited
several programs for accurate word and/or line counting. If you don't
find what you need here, feel free to ask over there. Since some
transcriptionists charge by the word, they're very particular about
accuracy and may well be helpful to you.

HTH!

Anne

Anthony Giorgianni

Thank you, Anne. I'll check there as well!

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Susan Bugher

Anthony said:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a freeware that displays and automatically
adjusts the word count in an MS Word document as you type, cut, paste, etc.
As a journalist, usually I have to write-up-to or cut-to a certain word
count, it would be nice to have the number change automatically either in a
popup or at the bottom of the screen or something. It looks
like the Mac version of word has something like this, but not PC.

some tools are listed here (dunno if any of them will do what you want):

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#1.02TextStats

Doc Stats (v 3.4)
Pangram Calculator
Text Information (TI) (v 1.2)
TextAnalyzer
TextStat
TextSTAT (2)
TextTally (v 1.1)
Word Count
Wurdz

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Anthony Giorgianni

Thank you, Susan.

I took a quick look and didn't see anything that's exactly what I'm seeking.
But I'll take another, closer look.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

old jon

Hi Anthony in Word you can
Use the Word Count toolbar
As you add or delete content, you don't have to click Word Count on the
Tools menu each time you want a recount. Instead, show the Word Count
toolbar, and click Recount to update the count any time you want. HTH.

sorry for the top post. best wishes..OJ

"Anthony Giorgianni" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Susan Bugher

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#1.02TextStats
Thank you, Susan.

I took a quick look and didn't see anything that's exactly what I'm seeking.
But I'll take another, closer look.

Good luck. If nothing else the list may shorten the amount of time you spend searching. I think
that's most (maybe all) of the stand-alone text statistic apps that have been mentioned in ACF.

Suan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Anthony Giorgianni

Thanks OJ. I guess that's good enough. I was just trying to get it work
automatically without having to keep hitting the bottom. But no big deal.
Thanks!!

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Anthony Giorgianni

Thanks, Susan

I'll check those out!!!!