Delete ALL cookies automatically?

Anthony Giorgianni

Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources hit
on my win98.

Thanks.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Steven Burn

Anthony Giorgianni said:
Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources hit
on my win98.

You don't need a program for this.......

'// DelCookies.bat
@echo off
del /y *.txt

Stick it in a file with a .bat extension and stick an entry in a scheduler for it (win's built in scheduler, or a program such as Log Monitor)

IMPORTANT: make sure you put this in your Cookies folder and no-where else!! (or replace *.txt with "[drive]\path_to_Cookies_dir\*.txt" (*.* will not work due to the index.dat file that resides in this folder))

Log Monitor:
http://freeware.it-mate.co.uk/?Cat=System#140

Homepage: http://logmon.bitrix.ru/logmon/eng/default.asp

If you need help setting this up, feel free to ask.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

bassbag

Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources hit
on my win98.

Thanks.
Cookiewall might be worth considering though it doesnt delete at time
intervals.I use it on my 98 because it uses little resources.You can
however set it to prompt ,delete automatically any new cookies when they
arrive , and it has a keep bin for cookies that you want to keep.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm
me

dadiOH

Anthony said:
Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all
IE6 cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my
having to select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant
resources hit on my win98.

Why take them in the first place? Set IE to say no, no, NO! Except for
session cookies. Maybe.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

ozzy

Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources hit
on my win98.

Thanks.

This is a neat little routine that I made for friends using win9x.
It is very handy & works very well.
Ensure that you place the file ( I call it cleanup.bat) in the root. c:\

Make sure that you add an entry @call c:\cleanup.bat into the autoexec.bat
file. You must 'call' the batch file so that all subsequent error trapping,
commands, etc are handled by autoexec.bat and NOT the cleanup.bat file.

\\cut below this line. save as cleanup.bat {spaces only for clarity}\\

rem cleanup file for Temporary Internet folders & cache
rem file SHOULD exist in c:\
@echo off
@cls

rem check to make sure directory exists first.
if not exist c:\windows\tempor~1\Content.IE5\nul goto error1

rem if directory exists, then delete it and all subsequent files/directories.
rem if you haven't done this before, be patient. This may take awhile.
rem DO NOT ABORT once started. It WILL FINISH. Future attempts will be fast.

if exist c:\windows\tempor~1\Content.IE5\nul deltree /y
c:\windows\tempor~1\Content.IE5
rem windows will re-create an empty folder on startup.

if not exist c:\windows\temp\nul goto error1
if exist c:\windows\temp\nul deltree /y c:\windows\temp
rem windows may not re-create an empty folder on startup so do it manually.
if not exist c:\windows\temp\nul md c:\windows\temp

if not exist c:\windows\cookies\nul goto error1
if exist c:\windows\cookies\nul deltree /y c:\windows\cookies
rem windows will re-create an empty folder on startup.

if errorlevel 0 goto end
:error2
@echo off
@cls
echo Cleanup failed
goto endx
:error1
@echo off
@cls
echo Directory doesn't exist !
goto endx
:end
@echo off
@cls
echo Cleanup of temporary internet folder & cache successfull
:endx
\\cut above this line.\\

Sample of autoexec.bat

\\cut below this line.\\

C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\BOOTUP.EXE
@echo off
@cls
call c:\cleanup.bat
SET PATH=c:\;c:\windows;c:\windows\command;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7

\\cut above this line.\\

ozzy

ozzy

Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources hit
on my win98.

Thanks.

In addition to my previous post, here is a small routine that will also add a
'right-click' ability to run cleanup.bat to the recycle bin.
This will allow you to run cleanup.bat while right-clicking the recycle bin.
One central place for all your junk removal :blush:)

You can replace both instances of "ozzy's" with your own name if you want but
keep everything else the same.

\\cut below this line. CLEANUP.REG \\

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\Ozzy's_Fixup]
@="Ozzy'z Fixup"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\Ozzy's_Fixup\command]
@="C:\\cleanup.bat"

\\cut above this line.\\

Save as c:\cleanup.reg
Double click the file to add it to the recycle bin or right click the file and
MERGE with registry.

ozzy

dszady

Anyone know of a good freeware app that will allow me to delete all IE6
cookies at certain time intervals automatically - without my having to
select them or do anything?

I downloaded iwash, but it seemed like adware and took a giant resources
hit on my win98.

Thanks.
Firefox will do it upon closing if you choose that option.

Anthony Giorgianni

Wow, thank you everything. Now I have several ways to do this. I will go
through all this and see what works best. Again, many thanks.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Anthony Giorgianni

Thanks. I like not to accept cookies. However, some sites won't let me log
on that way, even if I allow session cookies.
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Anthony Giorgianni

Yes I did test Cookie Wall and used to run it.

The problem is that I couldn't figure out how to set it to delete all
cookies after a certain time without having to do it manually. I really want
to hold cookies for no more than a couple of minutes - if even that, so I
can get into sites that require me to accept cookies but not allow them to
use those cookies for anything, such as revolving ads or popunders (A few
got through recently despite my Google popup blockers).