Word count software

Jeff Needle

Is there some freeware that will enable me to count the number of words
in a marked block? Some software I'm looking at doesn't have this
feature, and it's important I have this. Perhaps someone has written
something like this.

Thanks.

I'm using WinXP SP2.

Chakolate

Is there some freeware that will enable me to count the number of words
in a marked block? Some software I'm looking at doesn't have this
feature, and it's important I have this. Perhaps someone has written
something like this.

Thanks.

I'm using WinXP SP2.

What about pasting it into a word processor (OOo, frex) and letting the
word processor do the count for you?

Chak

Guy

Jeff said:
Is there some freeware that will enable me to count the number of
words in a marked block? Some software I'm looking at doesn't
have this feature, and it's important I have this. Perhaps
someone has written something like this.

Thanks.

I'm using WinXP SP2.

If you use/get GnuWin32 you can count the word in the Windows Clipboard
with a one line batch file:

@getclip | wc -w

from coreutils:
wc.exe

from cygutils:
getclip.exe

and the dependencies:
libiconv2.dll
libintl3.dll
popt1.dll

Zaphod

Open Office
Writer (the word proccessor) has a word count under the tools menu...
thats what I most use open office for above anything else ..

OF.. my only wish is that an international spell checker is made
available, we speak a different brand of english here in Australia to
the standard American spell checker that comes with the package, but
hey ... it's got to be the best win32 download I've found in a long
long time.... free or other.

lisztfr

Jeff Needle a écrit :
Is there some freeware that will enable me to count the number of words
in a marked block? Some software I'm looking at doesn't have this
feature, and it's important I have this. Perhaps someone has written
something like this.

Thanks.

I'm using WinXP SP2.

jEdit does word count, also gbtext.

laurent h

Susan Bugher

Jeff said:
Is there some freeware that will enable me to count the number of words
in a marked block? Some software I'm looking at doesn't have this
feature, and it's important I have this. Perhaps someone has written
something like this.

That type of app is listed here on the ACF pages:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#1.02TextStats
I'm using WinXP SP2.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Jeff Needle

Chakolate said:
What about pasting it into a word processor (OOo, frex) and letting the
word processor do the count for you?

Chak

Yeah, that may be just as easy.

Thanks.