won't stay in standby

My toshiba notebook recently started having an aversion to standby mode. No
matter how I put it in standby (either manually through the start menu or by
changing the settings and closing the lid) it will not stay in standby. It
goes into standby just like normal, but after a few seconds (whether the lid
is open or closed) it "wakes up" again. However, it will hibernate if I
close the lid with the settings set to "hibernate" and if I try to put it in
standby more than 3 or 4 times. Has anyone else had this problem? Can
anybody help me??

Thanks much,
LK

um.. I don't know. If I do, I didn't set it that way. I AM connected to the
internet through a LAN connection... does that mean anything?

it's a Satelite A40/A45 series... does that help? Sorry... I feel really
computer illiterate right now!

JR K Yoshikawa

Check settings below

How to Enable the Wake from Standby Option for a USB Mouse
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280108/en-us

Mouse Resumes Computer from Standby Mode Even When This Functionality Is Disabled
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283638/EN-US/?FR=1

also Open Network Interface Card's Properties
(Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Network Adapters > right Click on {Network Card name} >
select Properties )
and select Power Management Tab
make sure uncheck marked Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby.

"Navylovely" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I cannot find where it allows me to disable to "wake from standby option" but
I do think that this is my problem. I just installed a USB mouse on my
notebook last weekend, and that is when the problem started. However, when I
remove the mouse, the standby still doesn't work. I tried the "Open Network
Interface Card's Properties" approach as well, andbut couldn't find the
"Power Management Tab."

Thank you so much for helping me with this... I just wish I could help
MYSELF more!!

JR K Yoshikawa

How about
start Device Manager, right-click the USB mouse driver, click Properties,
and then click to select the Allow this device to wake the system from standby check box.

also check Toshiba HW setup.
you can find this info on page 199 in your Toshiba Manual.
(also you can download manual from toshiba support site
select model from below and click User Guide
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp)

"Navylovely" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Alright... I found somewhere where it shows a box with the "allow this device
etc" option. Unfortunately, it won't let me CHECK this box. It's in the
Device Manager, under USB controllers > USB Root Hub. I don't even know if
that's where I'm supposed to be, but that's where I finally found the option.
And it's the only place I can find the option. But the boxes aren't checked,
and I can't check them (there are three of them).

thanks again for putting up with all of this!!

JR K Yoshikawa

Did you check Toshiba WH Setup?
at least, manual say you can control wake up on keybard.

also please chack Network interface card in device manager.
check, if they have power management tab in any of Properties of Netwrok interface Card in network adapters in you device manager.