WLMail Desktop - can't login!


G

Guest

I am enrolled in the WLMail Desktop Beta, I recieved an invite.

On ideas.live.com it says I'm in the beta. Yet when I try and sign in on the
client, it won't let me. It says:

'Before you can use this version of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta, you need
to sign up'

This has been happening for days, what is going on?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

davidng150

James said:
I am enrolled in the WLMail Desktop Beta, I recieved an invite.

On ideas.live.com it says I'm in the beta. Yet when I try and sign in on
the
client, it won't let me. It says:

'Before you can use this version of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta, you
need
to sign up'

This has been happening for days, what is going on?

Are you signed up for Windows Live Mail beta?
 
S

StephenB

James said:
I am enrolled in the WLMail Desktop Beta, I recieved an invite.

On ideas.live.com it says I'm in the beta. Yet when I try and sign in on the
client, it won't let me. It says:

'Before you can use this version of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta, you need
to sign up'

This has been happening for days, what is going on?
I assume that you clicked on the link in the email invite and accepted the
agreement. I also assume that you set this account (the one that received the
invite) as the primary account?
-steve
 
G

Guest

Yes I am on the Live Mail beta.

Yes I am trying to log in with the email associated with the invite. On
ideas.live.com, it says I'm enrolled under this address. I can't even
initially log in, let alone set a 'primary' account.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times.
 
S

sim.seb

James said:
Yes I am on the Live Mail beta.

Yes I am trying to log in with the email associated with the invite. On
ideas.live.com, it says I'm enrolled under this address. I can't even
initially log in, let alone set a 'primary' account.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times.

Hehe, with WLMD u can't SET a primary account, it always IS ur login
account. Well, that's my experience anyway.
 
G

Guest

sim.seb said:
Hehe, with WLMD u can't SET a primary account, it always IS ur login
account. Well, that's my experience anyway.

So even though I have an invitation, am enrolled and have downloaded the
client, there's just no way I can beta test this software?

Slightly unfair really.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

sim.seb

James said:
So even though I have an invitation, am enrolled and have downloaded the
client, there's just no way I can beta test this software?

Slightly unfair really.

Nono, I'm NOT saying that at all. When ur part of the WL Mail beta and the
WL Mail Desktop beta (with the same account), u should be able to login on
WLMD using that account.
I just said that the account u login with is automatically set as ur primary
account (and it seems it can't be changed at this time).
 
G

Guest

sim.seb said:
Nono, I'm NOT saying that at all. When ur part of the WL Mail beta and the
WL Mail Desktop beta (with the same account), u should be able to login on
WLMD using that account.
I just said that the account u login with is automatically set as ur primary
account (and it seems it can't be changed at this time).

Right okay. So look, I download it and install. In the email address box I
type my Windows Live Mail email address, and my password in the password box.
This email address:

a) Has the Live Mail beta
b) Is enrolled for the Live Mail Desktop beta

I recieve this message on attempting to sign in:

"Before you can use this version of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta, you need
to sign up.

If you have already registered for the beta program and are not able to sign
in, please try again later."

Are there any ideas whatsoever of what I can try?
 
D

davidng150

James said:
Right okay. So look, I download it and install. In the email address box I
type my Windows Live Mail email address, and my password in the password
box.
This email address:

a) Has the Live Mail beta
b) Is enrolled for the Live Mail Desktop beta

I recieve this message on attempting to sign in:

"Before you can use this version of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta, you
need
to sign up.

If you have already registered for the beta program and are not able to
sign
in, please try again later."

Are there any ideas whatsoever of what I can try?

Try reinstalling the program. If that doesn't work, then check your firewall
settings.
 
G

Guest

Try reinstalling the program. If that doesn't work, then check your firewall
settings.

I've tried both of those. I've reinstalled with the firewall disabled, but
nothing's happening.
 
S

StephenB

sim.seb said:
Hehe, with WLMD u can't SET a primary account, it always IS ur login
account. Well, that's my experience anyway.
That's true. When you install WLMD, you give it your primary MSN or Hotmail
account information and that becomes your primary and cannot be changed.
-steve
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

StephenB

James said:
es I am on the Live Mail beta.

Yes I am trying to log in with the email associated with the invite. On
ideas.live.com, it says I'm enrolled under this address. I can't even
initially log in, let alone set a 'primary' account.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times.

Is the account that you were invited to a Hotmail or MSN account?
-steve
 
S

StephenB

James said:
It's an @live.com address.
Could be on to something then. It is my understanding that the primary Passport
at this time needs to be Hotmail or MSN only. Yes, Live is coming, but I think
this early beta is rather restrictive.
-steve
 
G

Guest

I don't think it is something about @live.com . I have 2 live mail addresses
one of them is msn and the other one is hotmail and both of them are
registered to WLMD and since yesterday, I haven't been able to login when
online. When I am offline the program opens and then I connect to internet
again and it downloads my mails from both of the addresses but it doesn't
login while opening the program.

I think it can be an issue related to somehow new login system including
sign-in assistant because during the same time, login never remembers my
password and when I sign out and sign in again, it says my password is wrong.
If anyone can help, I would be grateful.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top