Direct Sign Up now available for Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta!

Tanja [MSFT]

Hassle free sign up for the WLMD beta is now available. You don't have to
wait anymore for beta invitations via email, you can sign up directly and
immediately download the public build and be up and running in minutes.

Say goodbye to authorization problems with Windows Live Mail Desktop beta
builds! Just follow the instructions below, and you'll be all set:
1. Go to http://ideas.live.com
2. Find the tile for "Windows Live Mail Desktop beta"
3. Click on "sign up" (if you're NOT signed in with your Passport email
address)
4. Click on "download" (if you ARE signed in with your Passport email
address)
5. Walk through the beta agreement and accept.
6. You're done!

Additional comments:
- Currently Direct Sign Up is only available for en-us passports. Stay
tuned for updates on when this will be available for more countries!
- Custom domain accounts and MSN premium accounts are not supported at this
time.

As always, please visit our blog (http://morethanmail.spaces.msn.com/) for
new information from the Windows Live Mail Desktop team!
Spread the word to your friends and family!

Thanks!
--tanja

JDW

Tanja I am having issues adding my other two email accounts i have sent
feedback and they requested error report # but it doesnt give me that kind
of error it says WLMD has encounterd a problem and has to restart and doesnt
give an error number can you tell me where i can find the information you
need. The other two accounts are associated with other live products one
being live mail and the other with office live.

JDW

Walter

Tanja,

I tried, but got the same screen I get with the WLMD Beta invitation:

"Sorry, but it looks like you won't be able to participate in the Mail
Beta at this time.
"This might be because:
a.. Your account is with one of our partners and has additional
features that Mail Beta doesn't support yet
b.. Mail Beta isn't available in your area at this time
c.. You have a parentally controlled account
d.. Your Microsoft Passport indicates you're under 13...."
None of the above is true. It happens only with my MSN Passport account
on this machine. Installed with no problems on two other machines with
two other MSN Passport accounts. Any ideas?

JDW

Yes all three of my accounts were able to download the program. I used one
as my main account but the others wont work I have tried to do the same as
walter but recieved the same msg when i tried clicking that link and like i
said earlier when i try to add those accounts to WLMD it crashes everytime
and I get a watson report telling me WLMD has encounterd a problem and must
close with no error number to give you just sends the report I was under the
impression that the beta team recieved these watson reports.

JDW
Tanja,

I tried, but got the same screen I get with the WLMD Beta invitation:

"Sorry, but it looks like you won't be able to participate in the Mail
Beta at this time.
"This might be because:
a.. Your account is with one of our partners and has additional features
that Mail Beta doesn't support yet
b.. Mail Beta isn't available in your area at this time
c.. You have a parentally controlled account
d.. Your Microsoft Passport indicates you're under 13...."
None of the above is true. It happens only with my MSN Passport account
on this machine. Installed with no problems on two other machines with
two other MSN Passport accounts. Any ideas?

Walter B
walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com

Tanja said:
[...]

Steve Cochran

Right here. We've already been told to put up with the pollution of this NG
via non-Windows Mail questions.

They said "Please Bear with us". <VBG>

steve

StephenB

PA Bear said:
And for support, these non-Vista users should go to...?
According to the blog entry,
http://morethanmail.spaces.msn.com/blog/cns!B7DD1FF3F141F9A1!1599.entry

One more thing: our beta is supported. If you run into any problems, use this
link to get support –
http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmaildesktop. We even have a
support blog -
http://morethanmail.spaces.msn.com/...y?_c11_blogpart_blogpart=blogview&_c=blogpart.

Download and send us feedback at (e-mail address removed) . For more on sending
feedback, see a previous blog post,
http://morethanmail.spaces.msn.com/blog/cns!B7DD1FF3F141F9A1!1520.entry?_c=BlogPart#permalink.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Spread the word.
**************************************
Of course, the link for feedback in the program itself sends people right here.
-steve

*Direct sign up is only available if your Passport is a US Passport. We’re
working to make this more broadly available. If you do not have a US Passport,
you will be automatically directed to our waiting list. Once you submit your
email address, we will send you an invitation as soon as we can

*Windows Live Custom Domains and MSN premium accounts are not supported by the
beta program at this time.

JDW

Stephen this is the response I have gotten from the beta team it looks like
i should be able to sign in based on what they have said and they are not
sure why i am un able to and i am un able to give them an error code because
it doesnt give me one it only says "WLMD has experience a problem and needs
to close down and the details it does give me I am unable to copy due to the
fact it wont let me and it is way to much information to write down on
paper.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Windows Live Desktop Beta Support Team. My name
is Yanina. I will be happy to assist you with your issue. We understand that
you would like to add two Live account to Desktop. We apologize for any
inconvenience this is causing you.

Please, contact us back providing more information on this issue. You should
not be encountering that error message. Please, provide as the exact error
message you are receiving and the accounts that you are trying to add.

If you need to contact the Windows Live Support Team regarding the same
issue please mention that in the comments portion of the support request
specifying the steps you implemented. This will enable us to review other
support options that can resolve the issue you are having.

We would appreciate if you take a moment to send our Product Team feedback
regarding Windows Live Mail, and Windows Live Support Beta. We value any
ideas or suggestions you may have that can help us improve our product or
services. Thanks for your participation!

All feedback can be sent to http://feedback.live.com.
Click the product you would like to leave feedback about and submit the
form.

Again, thank you for contacting Windows Live Support Beta.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Yanina
Windows Live Support