wizkids' Crunching Thread

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
In which case that is fine.....in fact its better than fine, its very good :thumb:

You easily be able to play games and crunch at the same time :nod:

Reaction score
Hi Ady,

Thanks for reply.

its going up now to about 57 when crunching. if I play games when its at 57C and if it gets to about 60C is this still ok.

Reaction score
Cheers for reply.

This computer seems to be flying though it its at 10% and its only been going for 30mins.

CPU Intel Dual Core E6600 2.40ghz

Regards,

wiz

Reaction score
Hi,

My laptop is running at 55oc at idele would this be ok to run BONIC on if I do will the CPU burn out??

Can you please advise,

Thanks,

wiz

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not knowing the type of Laptop, it should be ok. I crunch mainly on Laptops, and have had no issies. Having a Docking Station for the unit helps, as it gets the intake, and exhaust off the table top, and you'll get better air flow. My HP 9100 crunches 24x7 and hovers around 57c most of the time.

Cheers,
Rick

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a qucik qustion on both my desktop pcs I'm using the standerd CPU fan that came with the processer would this be ok? I dont chunch 24/7

Thanks,
Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Stock CPU coolers are generally fine if your running a machine at stock, if you start overclocking then you may need to look at something a bit better.

It really all depends on the temps your getting - depending on CPU below 70C when crunching is desirable....however some of my older QX6700 B3's have been crunching day in day out 24/7 at up to 80C and I've never had a problem :thumb:

Ask a Question