Crunching Issues

Reaction score
Hello fellow crunchers,

As you may have noticed I recently joined the PC Review Crew II.

The only problem is that the BOINC manager is saying there is no work available.

I have 4 available projects selected and have checked the "If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project." box

Does anyone know if and when there will be work available for me to crunch?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really pleased you've joined the team Luke :). I'm not too familiar with BOINC anymore, but I'm sure one of the clever crunchers will know the answer :D.

From what I remember, it can take a few hours for work to be allocated - but there will always be something available to crunch, so if it's still not sending anything then it may need some tweaking.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Lukeyg, and welcome to the Crew! :)

I would be inclined to look at local settings, for example: open BOINC click on Activity and see which options you have selected. Have you restricted Network activity maybe?

You could also take a peek at Options > Computing preferences and see whether any of the settings are suspended, and how many days of work you are allowing BOINC to store.

Just a couple of thoughts to be going on with.

Ask a Question